Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I imported my J-Custom with the help of Hide-san from [email protected]. He's not the cheapest, but gives absolutely excellent service, and packs extremely well. He charges 10% on the base item rate (excluding internal shipping etc), and then another 3% on everything (including international shipping) to cover PayPal charges.

Shipping from Japan isn't too bad via EMS; I paid about 16000jpy. And it's pretty fast, too.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't think dealers can import new guitars from Japan anymore so you hae to find a middle man. I have used Meestursparkle. He is on that evil auction site and is awesome. I got my Caparison from him before there were any US dealers. He was very reasonable and packed it perfectly. Made it here fine in 3 days and was cheaper than anyone else I could find. Look him up on that evil auction site and shoot him an e-mail if you are willing to pay what the guitar is worth he will go out of his way to get it for you.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
+1.....Meestursparkle!! have dealt with him 5 times no probs at all,BRILLIANT!
Rare guitars/great prices/on your doorstep fast(2-3 days).
He is busy and usually your choices are limited to his available stock only,but he has specifically got guitars for people before so try your luck,$$$ talks.
He provides a great service to all of us who love Japanese guitars and jap prices are alot cheaper than domestically(well for me anyway).
He has listings on the bay all the time,search for 'Ibanez j custom',he'll be in the list somewhere.

Goodluck mate,you wont be disappointed.

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
Anybody not buying direct from Ikebe or Ishibashi [or any of the many that export] is just throwing money away and being too lazy to make your own purchase by depending on somebody else to do it for you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ikebe and Ikebashi can't import most new guitars to the US anymore. Meestursparkle actually went out and found me exactly the guitar I wanted and undercut the best price I could find by $50.

·
Registered
298 Posts
how do you buy from the jap sites? do you have to download a translating thing to be able to read the webpages? And then is it a case of doing the paypal thing like normal or do you have to set up another way of paying them?

I am seriously keen to look into something like this as buying in new zealand means paying roughly twice what everyone else pays...

We could do with someone explaining step by step the process for getting a new guitar from japan to their doorstep without the use of a middle man.

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
There are buying agents like the one Rayle posted above, although there are many.

If buying from a dealer, of which there are also many, just write. They speak English very well and will send you an extremely detailed answer including all costs and how to pay. Here are 2 of the biggest,

Koichi Tanimoto/International Sales Agent
Ishibashi WEB SHOP
Ishibashi Music Corporation
E-mail---> [email protected]
Web Site Domestic---> http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/
Web Site Intl.---> http://www.ishibashi-music.com
USED WEB Site---> http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u-box/r-shop.cgi
Telephone number: +81-3-3291-7090
Fax: +81-3-3291-7099

RIYO-TSUJI / INTERNATIONAL SALES
IKEBE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS STORE CO.,LTD
72,KANDA SAKUMAGASHI,CHIYODAKU,TOKYO,
101-0026 JAPAN
Phone 81-3-3862-1450
Fax 81-3-3861-6190
E-mail [email protected]

Itchi may or may not take your credit card, sometimes they won't [although they always take mine], where Ikebe requires you to send a bank transfer.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The answer that Rich is a yes and and a no. Ikebe won't ship Caparison guitars any more (buggers forced me to circumvent them by being the distributor now). However they will still ship most product lines as long as it's not a product that is heavily controlled by the manufacturer. They should however still be able to ship Ibanez, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Things may have changed.

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
Thanks Budd, that was what I figured would be the facts. Just as no dealer can export Dimarzio or EBMM from the US because of dealer restrictions.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Thanks Budd, that was what I figured would be the facts. Just as no dealer can export Dimarzio or EBMM from the US because of dealer restrictions.
No problem man. I'm starting to believe that a lot of these companies are starting to put restrictions on what can be exported. It would explain why there's such a market for it on the bay with people from Japan reselling JDM guitars (such as our friend meestursparkle).

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
You're going to start seeing some of these companies crack down on these e-bay brokers, especially the most active ones [mentioned]. ;)

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
You're going to start seeing some of these companies crack down on these e-bay brokers, especially the most active ones [mentioned]. ;)
Stupid question, but why? If people are buying their guitars at retail what do they care? So meestersparkles buys a J-custom at retail from a dealer, adds a couple hundred bucks to the price then ships it to the US. Both the dealer and Ibby should be happy? I mean unless I an drunk and not seeing the big picture right this second. :)

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
Let's say it's a Comparrison, which has restrictions on what an authorized dealer can advertise the price he'd sell it for [MAP], and restrictions on export to begin with. So a dealer in Canada, that would very well sell for the same price as a broker, can't advertise that price, can't sell on e-bay, and is being hurt by the actions of the broker. This is the reason there are dealer policies in place, and why brokers are not tollerated by manufacturers. In fact most companies strictly forbid their dealers from selling to brokers.

Or maybe you're just too drunk to see the big picture ;)

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
I can smoke any new Ibanez price he lists [except the jazz boxes which are on a completely different price structure there], but I can't advertise it, and can't sell on e-bay. He breaks every dealer policy there is govenring internet sales. I was a broker, yes, but I intentionally never broke their dealer policies, which is why they allowed me to exist. Plus they know I've always tried to help them improve the brand, the guitars, etc.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
See, your not the outlaw anymore it takes the excitement out of it! :lol: What about the j-customs? Are they looking the other way so you can sell those? Obviously the main reason people buy through that guy is because he sells guitars you can't find here normally. Like that Prince guitar and matching assless pants. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts