Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I keep thinking about about stripping my UV97BK w/ silver dots down to the wood. I'm scared that the grain might look awful, though.

The black has been too badly gouged. I'm going to have to strip it one way or another, I suppose.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is exactly the kind of Universe I would buy if someone were selling it, a fixer-upper, as long as it sold for much less than the ones with original paint. :)
If a good used one sells for $1200+, I'd be willing to pay something like $6-700 for this, assuming it was mechanically sound and played excellent (with the paint being the only part that wasn't in top form).
:D
Well, when I have some extra money again at least :p
Still paying off this summer's guitar-buying spree

·
Registered
926 Posts
I think it might have just been a joke/sarcasm :)
Well sarcasm doesnt always come across very well when its in text does it?

Lets face it, its a change from the Ibanez range of colours they have had for the last 10 years, ranging from black pearl, matt black, dark black, midnight black, transparent black and lets not forget the all important.............. black.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I could smell euphers sarcasm a mile away haha and I agree. As for the customization, some people want a different look. They aren't artistic, might have the money or the know how for a custom job, and I think that guitar Is badass. I wish more people did that, it creates a bond with player and guitar honestly. I've seen many pro jobs that are great quality, but ugly as hell. Support amateur guitar customization!!! Lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts