Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
In best David St. Hubbins voice...

It's like a little check mark on the headstock. Why would you put a check mark on a headstock? And the answer is why not!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I wish Ibanez didn't invent the prestige logo so I wouldn't miss it when you guys get rid of it, and you wouldn't complain so much :p

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
As much as I agree that the Classic Ibanez with tick is my choice for the headstock... I think Ibanez's mindset is that the Headstock shape is more important then the logo Itself..

As long as Ibanez dont get rid of the headstock shape and Z type tip on the end... I'll be able to sleep at night :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
I guess the JEM, JS, PGM etc lines are fine for nike then ;)

First rule of marketing - NEVER change your logo.
Yeah, bounty made that mistake, who wants to buy a kitchen roll called plenty?
I think ibanez should have the classic logo with prestige written in the corner of the headstock just like the JEM. Thatd be best for me.:D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
no man, the first rule of marketing is "EVOLVE" and the challange is to keep things up... i like the classic logo on my guitars... but i alsol like the prestige logo aswell... sure its weird but its classy...
if i were a marketing guy from ibanez i'd be listening to the numbers but i'd keep in mind the consumers wellbeing... you know for a 10 year old player and sticking with the brand that is something you appreciate!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
no man, the first rule of marketing is "EVOLVE" and the challange is to keep things up... i like the classic logo on my guitars... but i alsol like the prestige logo aswell... sure its weird but its classy...
if i were a marketing guy from ibanez i'd be listening to the numbers but i'd keep in mind the consumers wellbeing... you know for a 10 year old player and sticking with the brand that is something you appreciate!!!
There's a reason companys have logos. To promote the product.
Once people get familiar with the logo, they do NOT want it to change.

Just as if Fender had the bright spark to get rid of their famous "Backwards F", there would be riots and protests to no end. The backwards F speaks "Fender" louder than "F-E-N-D-E-R" does. That's purely because it's bold and simple.

If Marshall decided to change their font, there would be an uprising like no other.

The exact same concept with the Ibanez logo. You see a headstock with a huge swoosh on it, you KNOW it's an Ibby. It's bold, simple and best of all, it adds character. Taking it away from the top end models is just plain stupid.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Maybe Ford should switch to being I dunno, the cyan circle instead of the blue oval? ;)
to be fair, Ford hasn't always been the blue oval, even the oval wasn't always oval...

and they had a three lions logo as well (don't ask me why)

plus Ford UK had a shield shape logo and ford France's was round iirc.

First rule of marketing - NEVER change your logo.
Actually it's: LISTEN to your customers.

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts
to be fair, Ford hasn't always been the blue oval, even the oval wasn't always oval...
No, but then Ibanez has had it's fair share of logos before it settled on the swoosh we know and love.

When you find the right logo...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yeah but the logo Ford gave up on in favour of the oval was a winged pyramid, with the inscription universal car so us jemsiters should lament it's disappearance. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts