Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here come across an online service that will make a color matched aerosol can for you? For example, if you were to mail in a paint chip of the color, then they send back a can of it. I'd love to color-match the headstock on my RG7620, Vampire Kiss Red is a really strange color!

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you want the color to do a guitar then go to your local Sherwin Williams auto paint supply store. They have a much better color eye than a home Depot and at home Depot you won't be able to the get the right paint to do a guitar. Depending on the color you may never get a 100% match but you should be able to something close. An aerosol can of urethane auto paint should run you about 20 bucks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want the color to do a guitar then go to your local Sherwin Williams auto paint supply store. They have a much better color eye than a home Depot and at home Depot you won't be able to the get the right paint to do a guitar. Depending on the color you may never get a 100% match but you should be able to something close. An aerosol can of urethane auto paint should run you about 20 bucks.
Awesome! Yeah, I knew about the Home Depot color matching, but they really only do house paint. I talked to Sherwin Williams & they can do it.... For about $50 :-( maybe if I can get 1-2 other VK finish owners to go in on the project I'll do it. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,
Some automotive parts stores that have automotive refinishing supplies, Dupont, PPG etc. will have a camera that can scan the color you have and come up with a paint code for a spot on match. Our local carquest carries dupont and they have one and it words great. They can also put the paint in a spray can for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts