Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do people insist on learning the song WRONG, then posting their incorrect version all over the internet. If I find it wrong on one TAB site, I'm sure to find the same wrong chords on all the TAB sites, posted by the same idiot. I'm guessing that some dolt got all excited that he thought he learned the song, and wanted to benefit the world by posting it everywhere he could.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I'd be happy if I thought I figured out a song . . .

But seriously - is the tab WRONG, or is it just that some kid has it posted in drop D, when it's played in D standard (or some such thing). Or played on a different part of the neck.

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
i know its murder when you learn a song then find out its tabbed wrong.does anyone know of any tab sites where pro's musicians post tabs instead of annoying novices.

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More specifically. When people at church want to play a song by a well known contemporary Christian artist and bring the chords in, they printed online. And I know the song, and that is NOT how it's played. Happens all the time. To save myself some trouble, I wanted to print the chords for a country song for my daughter, so I wouldn't have to write them out. They were wrong, on every site, posted by the same guy. His email address was on all of them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I totally understand where you guys are coming from. Usually if the rating is not a 5 then it has errors. But even the 5 star rated ones have issues too. So what I have forced myself to do is to site down and verify, and then correct. An example would be lincoln brewsters God Reign's song. But after listening to it, and then using the Tab to get you started its pretty easy after that to pick it up.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Usually i play the most by ear and then refine the most complicate parts with the official songbook when possible...quite every difficoult song's tab online is wrong... :(

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Even a lot of pro-tabbed songs published are incorrect. This isn't limited to amateur stuff. I figure at least people are having a go at working songs out, and that's a good thing.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Such is the internet and taking information from the internet as the be all and end all.

Kinda like wikipedia, people actually take it as gospel...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Maybe you need to start learning songs on your own!!! If the guy that posted the tab on the site learned it wrong, well, don't you think he/she doesn't know that it's wrong?! Therefore he will post it thinking it's correct? I guess the moral of this post is LEARN YOUR OWN SONGS INSTEAD OF CRITIZING someone else that at least tried!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I think everyone in the world has come across quite a few tabs that are wrong. I can't say that I've ever seen too many that were spot on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts