Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dave: maybe this is a bit off the place question, but as in the Vai forum I'll have thousand answers but none close to truth, I'll ask you as a close person to Steve Vai and as consequence someone that will let us know the real stuff, shall we expect the Hal Leonard transcription book to "Real Illusion: Reflections" album? I wrote them directly asking them about it, but all I received was a "sorry, that book is not in our catalog" c'mon people!! I already know that.... thanx i.a.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about (Alive in an Ultra World) even though it was never released as a tab book here in the states it was in Japan. So I got the tab book for that album as an import. I treasure this book because that is my favorite Vai album. The company that made this book was
(Taiyo Music, INC) and distributed by (Shinko music Publications) their web page is http://www.shinko-music.co.jp you might want to check with them if it never comes out over here. Anyway hopefully Dave has good news and says it will be in tab form someday.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
How about a special CD-ROM that lets US pick which instrument(s) is omitted?

I'd love to work on the bass lines and/or the drum tracks.

Yeah, I know. Keep dreaming... not even big time drummers offer that to us.

·
Registered
36 Posts
STSA (Shove the Sun Aside) is a cracking album by a quality artist by the name of Dave Weiner. It comes highly recommended. Buy It!

I had only just actually started tabbing The Ghost of Denmark Street but I dont think il bother now lol. Maybe I'l finish one of the other project transcriptions i never finished.

BTW is that AIAUW tab book available anywhere else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh god im soo happy the tab book for STSA is coming out, its an amazing album. Dave youre a great musician and a talented composer. The Ghost of Denmark St is one of my favourite songs, even my mom likes it, and she hates my music. hehe

·
Registered
736 Posts
Koss said:
YES!! God bless you good sir :)

Any ballpark idea of when it will be available?
I have no idea. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to actually do an STSA tab book. There are so many parts to it. What I may end up doing is just tabbing out the parts that I would be playing live.. but then I feel I'm half-assing things if I don't tab out the rhythm, harmony leads and acoustic parts. Then there's bass parts. I'm not sure how many people actually would buy it. And I'd like to get started on recording a new cd and I've got 2 other projects to dive into when I get off tour. Now might not be the right time to exert energy on a tab book.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dave, I got your cd yesterday and was blown away! I must have listened to it 7 or 8 times by now. I just wish I'd been able to see you live recently.
I'd definitely buy the book, and personally think it'd be best to tab ALL the guitars but not the other instruments. I'd imagine that's where your main market is.
Looking forward to album #2. Now I'm going to attempt to nail that riff in Long Run!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dave, I don't know how many tab books you may sell, but I do appreciate all the snippets tabs and extra vids on the site. I know that I would buy the book, or book and dvd (maybe? hhhmmm). I think your stong point is phrasing maybe if you would describe what goes on in your head when looking at a chord chart. I really need your input (stylisticly) as i've stated many times.
Stay cool!

- Andrew

·
Registered
123 Posts
Awesome news to hear ya workin' on that TAB book! Speaking to that, I was ALWAYS impressed with VAI's P&W TAB book. Primarily BECAUSE of the DETAIL the songs were TABED! Liberty was 100% scored out! I was so floored that I orchestrated it out for our High School jazz band for my AP music theory project!

Having every guitar part, including bass, keys, etc. is AWESOME. When people learn your tunes, and their band covers them, with that level of information, they're only gonna do it that much more justice!

That's allot of work though, and I certainly don't expect it. It would, however, set itself apart from all the other LAMEO TAB books out there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.