Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this item:

Anyone can help me find out from what model it could come?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
RG320DXQM..........basswood body with a quilt maple veneer. Probably '02-'05. The '01's had a LO-TRSII trem, but that's not a TRS route. Your's had either an Edge-ProII or an EdgeIII

·
Developer
863 Posts
i bought a similar body a last year off the bay, havent touched it yet but I can say that quilt is nasty and its even worse to sand off.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you mean by nasty?

And by sanding off, you mean removing the finish or the veneer all together?

I'll most likely just fix the dent and finish it back to "mirror like", I don't know if I'll sand the finish all of and give a more bluish tint yet, but anyway, paid 50$ w. shipping for it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, to rephrase:

Will I be able to sand down the finish, restain it more blue and refinish it?

I'll most likely take the parts from my RG350DX to make this one, I like more the natural finish. Might have to repaint the headstock though, it's white and all the hardware is black. I'tt look weird with the Quilt maple body!

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
So, to rephrase:

Will I be able to sand down the finish, restain it more blue and refinish it?

I'll most likely take the parts from my RG350DX to make this one, I like more the natural finish. Might have to repaint the headstock though, it's white and all the hardware is black. I'tt look weird with the Quilt maple body!
It's a thin veneer,so it might be pretty hard to sand back without damaging the veneer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not yet, haven't received it yet!

As for the top thickness, I'll check this out real good!
Worst case scenario, I'll just correct the dent, add a binding and refinish it without changing the color. I think just adding a binding is a great addition. I just might fix the wholes for the PU rings and leave it without. Still many options and I don't even have it yet!

Thanks anyone for the help, I'll post picture as soon as I get it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts