Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damo7v said:
you can play
thanks ;) I wish I had the equipment and the know-how to put together my songs better. Things always sound so much better in person than they do in my recorded mixes. I need an engineer and a producer willing to work for free! :)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Good playing there buddy! :)

Sounds a little like a piece I have been working on. And I think if I use a rhythm more like yours instead of the straighter rhythm I have been using using it will be a lot better (as I wrote the lead part first and the rhythm to accompany it). And it happens, the lead happens to be a perfect expansion of the first couple notes and the chords are the same.

Your piece is more Satriani-ish where mine is more Vai-ish.

Sooner or later when I am not feeling so lazy, I will record it and see if it doesn't sound like a total rip off but I swear I'm not ripping you off! My rhythm will be a little different but damn that is close. You have sucessfully inspired me to work on the piece more now! :)

What's your rig when you recorded that?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
red5 said:
Good playing there buddy! :)

Sounds a little like a piece I have been working on. And I think if I use a rhythm more like yours instead of the straighter rhythm I have been using using it will be a lot better (as I wrote the lead part first and the rhythm to accompany it). And it happens, the lead happens to be a perfect expansion of the first couple notes and the chords are the same.

Your piece is more Satriani-ish where mine is more Vai-ish.

Sooner or later when I am not feeling so lazy, I will record it and see if it doesn't sound like a total rip off but I swear I'm not ripping you off! My rhythm will be a little different but damn that is close. You have sucessfully inspired me to work on the piece more now! :)

What's your rig when you recorded that?
Thank you for listening- I really appreciate it.

Funny you mention that my piece is "Satriani-ish". The solo is pretty lydian with a lot of tapping (both Vai things). I don't really consider myself a fan of Joe's, but I guess I don't use the whammy bar enough (or at all) to be considered Vai-ish. I'd definately love to hear your version. If you're bored, I even uploaded a different more laid back version without the lead playing. Here's the quiet version

I recorded it in 2 parts.
* The rhythm is a fender strat, neck position into a clean fender princeton chorus with slight reverb
* The lead is my Ibanez JEM7VWH into an Boss DS-1, ADA MP-1, Lexicon MPX-200 for reverb, Beringer Ultragraph EQ, and a BBE 482.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
^^ A lot of it like the lydian and tapping was Vaish for sure. A lot of the phrasing and the intro was more Satrianish though which is what I mean which is cool by me!

I always confuse the two, but isn't that mixolydian?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
red5 said:
^^ A lot of it like the lydian and tapping was Vaish for sure. A lot of the phrasing and the intro was more Satrianish though which is what I mean which is cool by me!
If you want that rhythm track to record over, I can post it here for people to play over. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.