Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there chaps, question as above. I've recently put 11s on my RG1570, but as expected, need an additional spring to bring it up to standard tuning. How should I go about doing this exactly? Either explanations or directions to a guide would be fine. Don't worry about being patronising; when it comes to guitar techery, I'm quite the novice.

Cheers! :thu:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
not a deal, just attach the fourth spring in one of the spring-block screw holes, like so:

if that's what you needed to know ;)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
there are special springs for 7 strings.those are stiffer.maybe you can try that too?
its a gues but i think it works..nuno's solution is okey too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not a deal, just attach the fourth spring in one of the spring-block screw holes, like so:

if that's what you needed to know ;)
Thanks for that. When my spring arrives I'll give it a go. :thu:

there are special springs for 7 strings.those are stiffer.maybe you can try that too?
its a gues but i think it works..nuno's solution is okey too
Not heard of those, but thanks. If I were buying a new spring set, I'd consider it, certainly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interestingly why wouldn't you have the outer 4 pegs with springs and the inner peg without a spring?

That way it would be balanced as opposed to your version.

Edit- i see the bar holding the springs in uses that specific hole so i'm guess thats why. However i don't even use the spring retainer bar and my srpings never pop out so you could give that a try if you feel so inclined.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeh that sounds about right then.

Interestingly i just retuned my RG3120 to C standard and installed 4 springs without the retainer bar and it works fine.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
it has to do with the neck/body/trem geometry and how you trem is setup to pull back. many times you can't go without the spring-retainer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts