Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the tuning on my jem yesterday. when I hit a 12th fret harmonic, it is the same as an open pluck...

however, when I fret a note... the note is sharp. do you think I need to go get my guitar intonated? the last time I got it done was about 8 months ago (I think, but maybe 9 or 10)

·
Registered
186 Posts
FireAndSpirit said:
I checked the tuning on my jem yesterday. when I hit a 12th fret harmonic, it is the same as an open pluck...
It always is ;)

however, when I fret a note... the note is sharp. do you think I need to go get my guitar intonated?
Check when the guitar is 100% in tune. And make sure the bridge is parallel to the body - intonation will go out if it's not. If the notes are sharp/flat up high, then yes, it needs intonation.

Good time to learn to do it yourself, valuable skill for any guitar player.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Kasper Kowalski said:
And make sure the bridge is parallel to the body -
Assuming it's an Edge Pro. If it's an Edge, or more likely, a Lo Pro Edge, then it ought to be angled a bit, right?

Or rather, the knife edges should be perpendicular to the trem posts, which means the surface of the trem ought to be at a bit of an angle for an Edge, or Lo Pro Edge. There's those little rectangles on the side of the trem that ought to be parallel with the body.
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.