Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently, my wife killed her new IBM laptop when she plugged her iPod into the USB port, just like she had a million times before. not cool. thankfully it was her company's machine...

i'm wondering whether it was the iPod that killed the pc, or perhaps it was a fault with the laptop's motherboard whereby using the USB power killed something. obviously it's gotta be more than coincidence that it happened at the exact moment that she plugged in the iPod, right?

is there a known issue with this?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i'm asking here because it's widely known that guitarists are tres smart.

plus, there seems to be a lot of crossover between musicians and 'puter geeks! :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the response. not that i'll hold you personally responsible, but it IS good to have some reassurance that my wife won't be destroying her other new pc.

btw, had a look at your site. i think it's time you got started on your luthiery. perhaps cloning a 5 piece rg neck for me would be good practice!

·
Registered
105 Posts
tell her to press the eject button on iTunes before jus ripping the usb cable out, im guessing that because there USB v2.0 L337!!!1111!!!111!! ;) and they work faster than normal USB by just ripping it out could cause something or other in the pc to get abit faulty?? and if she is pressing the eject button thing pat her on the head and give her a cookie!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts