Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am being offered a UV7BK for $400US but the neck has been scalloped and the finish has been stripped off the body.

Though the scallop job was done by a professional, is $400 fair for it? Just wanna have some opinions from you guys before I make a decision.

Here are some pics of the UV:

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you don't mind that the the neck is scalloped, then it's an awesome price. Was the body stripped by a pro?

It actually looks really nice...and providing there are no issues with the guitar, then it's a fantastic deal.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think it looks really nice. The scalloping would be really great on a 7-stringer too imo - even though I've never tried either a scalloped neck or a 7 stringer, it just sounds like it would feel great.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you don't buy it for $400 then i will!!!! The body is horribly ugly so its not worth more than that. If you don't want it i'll take it and paint it!!!!! I already got a uv777bk and i want a modded one, but am too afraid to hurt the one i have.

·
Registered
462 Posts
But I'm pretty skeptical about the scallops. Holding chords would just make them go super outta tune, especially with that thick gauge low B. However I guess it depends from player to player, I used to own a malmsteen strat for a while long long ago. Drove me nuts, other than of course the hs2 tone.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Chris From Singapore. said:
But I'm pretty skeptical about the scallops. Holding chords would just make them go super outta tune, especially with that thick gauge low B. However I guess it depends from player to player, I used to own a malmsteen strat for a while long long ago. Drove me nuts, other than of course the hs2 tone.
This isnt how everyone feels though, heavy handed players have quite a bit of trouble im sure, but for me i find it an easy adjustment

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
julian_vai said:
I am being offered a UV7BK for $400US but the neck has been scalloped and the finish has been stripped off the body.

Though the scallop job was done by a professional, is $400 fair for it? Just wanna have some opinions from you guys before I make a decision.

Here are some pics of the UV:
That is still nice. I'd go for it. Nice Yamaha too. :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.