Ibanez JEM Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I would like to get a RFR... put in 3 red Dimarzio's with red anodized knobs & switch cap, scallop the top 7 frets, have neon red flame inlays put in with glow in the dark edges on the flames, glow in the dark side dot markers, custom red mirror pickguard, 6105 frets.
Why a 20th? Im sure you could score a 1987 one and do all those mods...

imho, the only mod that should be done to a 20th is decent pickups... Theres plenty old RGs in good/great shape to cut, paint and butcher...

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
not sure i'll need to mod it. pups might be the only mod and maybe knobs to match the DY paint.
if i could buy 2 of each color i would Jemify one of each color and leave the other three stock. a guy can dream, right? ;)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Oh, hell yes. That's why I bought a low-production collectible. Sure, I could have bought an old RG550 and personalized the crap out of it for half the money, but WHY would I want to do that when I can ruin the value of a semi-rare NEW guitar?

;)

·
Registered
996 Posts
I wonder, would anyone ever consider selling their case? I certainly wouldn't sell mine.
Same here. The cases looks superb, i doubt anyone's going to part with theirs.

In regards to modding the RG's. Since these are LE's, mines going to stay original. I have Dimarzio's in my 750, i can use that whenever the Dimarzio bug strikes. :)

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
you never know what people might do as far as parting out something (case, strap, picks). people never cease to suprise me. i remember seeing a Jem 10th parted out and who would have ever thought that would happen? i'm sure they had good reasons but i would have never thought that would have happened.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts