Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to love the Jem7vwh. But recently I've just totally shunned it.. The tacky gold hardware is a total turn off. Ive been looking around at peoples Jem777SK, DY, VBK's and the Jem77BMC (which I love) and ive realized that these Late 80's early 90's guitars blow the new Ibanez's out of the water. Chrome/Black Hardware is a little more grown up than the gold I believe. Creative colors on guitars is my taste.. Not stickers.. But take a look at the Jem777BMC and tell me if you had a choice of that or a 7vwh (say you had to pick 1 for free) you wouldnt pick the BMC?

This is all my opinion.. I don't want to start any fights. Some may think otherwise.. But Lets do a vote..

-------------

Yes I do like the New Jems over the old Jems..

No I don't like the Old Jems I like the new ones.

Put 1 of the 2 in your posts.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
*blink* Naw, them new fangled Jems are better....*blinks*

crap! release the marmasets! they found out!!

When I changed main guitars to Jem's the first one was a Jem7vwh, then once I got my 777DY I sold the 7vwh fast to found finding the SK and LNG.

They do not play or sound the same. IMO the old ones are better ....for me. I find them warmer and the vwh colder.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BMC - Blue Multi Color, my point was Ibanez should making multi colored guitars on the market over the plain white with gold hardware. But yes this is the same situation with cars nowadays, All cars now adays are silver, black, white, Blue, when back in the 70's 80s they were yellow, red, brown, green. You know im sure someone here has an uncle with a 1964 Impala or a 1971 chevelle :) tell me the car isnt SILVER or BLACK.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Whatever sells the most.

Al long as most people keep buying black guitars, guitar companies will keep producing black guitars.

Most people on Jemsite are into the 80's thing en bright colours, so jemsite is only a small fraction of the majority and deviant.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hi there i love my Jem 7vwh and its been Steves guitar of choice since 1993, i think its wonderful, and i usually get loads of admiring comments at gigs on the beauty of the guitar, plenty from women too, i think they love the flowers and gold of it ha ha :) but agreed that the jem range really needs more choice like the old days, just look at some of the old catalogues on the ibanez site, there was like one of a couple of new cool ones each and every year without fail

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
To me, swirls are like the old 60's Batmobile; they're cool as hell to look at or see at a show, but I'd never own one. I don't know if that makes sense.
I like a little of the old extravagant colors like the LNG, the DSY, or the 777VBK with the black and green. Then another part of me likes the more traditional look. IMO, the VBL is one of the best looking Jems ever made. Classy!
SO I guess you could say...
Yes I do like the New Jems over the old Jems..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.