Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a rgt3120TV from 2002 and i was wandering if its a nice guitar and if i should make some change to the guitar like the pickups

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Why make some changes on the guitar if you're happy with it purely on the basis of other people's opinions?

It's a fantastic guitar!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
nope, it's not decent.

IT'S AWESOME!!!!

i have a rgt3120tb and as the paf pros sound good, i went with air norton and air zone. everytime i play it, it reminds me of why i play guitar. and mine is a 2002 model as well. love that lo-pro edge!

rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's a great guitar, of course!!!

As said before, why changing anything if you like the guitar?

IMO if you're going to use the guitar for metal stuff, a bridge pickup change would be great. I have a rgt3020, and i'm changing the bridge pafpro for a tonezone. The pafpro sounds ok, but i think there are better pickups that suit this guitar.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've got the bolt-on 3120 with Tone Zone. I often find that the TZ's tone is just too thick and dark for my tastes - what would people recommend for something lighter? Air Zone? Breed? Paf Pro?

·
Registered
848 Posts
i love it!

but i guess it all comes down to what you like and your taste..

as we say in norway: taste is like the ass; divided.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have changed the bridge pick up to a symour duncan full shred pickup , sounds awesome. the neck on the 3120 how ever feels different than other rg necks, but still aweosme to play. do u guys no how much it is to get it set up by a technician?

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
No. The guitar sucks, but I'll give you $300 for it so you don't have to be stuck with a guitar that sucks so unbelievably bad. Trust me, I'm doing you a favor. You can then go out and buy a 570 off the Bay. Since the 570 is a much better guitar........... and they are only $300.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts