Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been in the market for a good seven string guitar, and the prestige series are a bit over my head in price. I was wondering if the Edge-Zero II Tremolo is a good system. I have heard alot of crap about tremolo systems on the standard RG Tremolo series. I have not been able to play one and I doubt that my local GuitarCenter or my local Bailey Brothers will get a guitar with this tremolo in stock. So, again, my question is; is the Edge-Zero II Tremolo a good tremolo system. In other words, does it hold tuning well for someone who would play stuff like Steve Vai or Gary Holt? Thank you people!!!

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
The word is they are on par with the Edge Zero trems found on the Prestige series, just not finished as nicely. You should be right with one. ;)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
the 7420s are supposed to be really nice
Not sure if your crossing the streams or not, but this thread doesn't seem to have anything to do with the 7420s, or any 7s at all. Just about the current RG tremolo guitars (370, 350 etc).

7420s *are* very nice though!! :grin:

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I've got one on my Premium RG920HVV and really like it. I'm so used to the OE and LoPro so it took awhile to get used to the EZII, but I'm diggin' it. It's built well, stays in tune, and looks good. I also like the ZPS, but I guess mine's the rare one that actually works as advertised. You can't go wrong with an EZII.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Not sure if your crossing the streams or not, but this thread doesn't seem to have anything to do with the 7420s, or any 7s at all. Just about the current RG tremolo guitars (370, 350 etc).

7420s *are* very nice though!! :grin:
OP started with "looking at 7-strings" and I guess that's where the 7420 popped up including the EZ2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the original message, I posted that I was looking at a 7320 which comes with the seven string version of the Edge Zero II.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts