Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering because it looks like the Paf Joe but the reviews on harmony central everyone was saying the neck is a Paf Pro. I just tried a JS2000 at a local music store and the neck p/u tone just blew me away!!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RSVampire said:
they are indeed correct the entire JS line has a Paf Pro. The only JS that has a Paf Joe is the JS1200.[/QUOTET

Thank you very much!!! I will be putting this p/u in the neck position of my RG. It just sounds amazing to me!!!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah....the reason i thought it was a Paf Joe and not the Pro was because the pole pieces were silver. All the Paf Pro`s pole pieces that i`ve seen in stores were black! (black p/u`s with black pole pieces) But on the JS models,the neck pickups have silver ones so i called DiMarzio with this question. They told me they are Paf Pros but they use the silver pole pieces on them to match the Freds.They also said all the ones you see in store will be black so you have to special order them with the silver pole pieces if you want them that way!!! Simple enough and problem solved!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts