Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Guys!

May I ask if the Original Edge or Lo Pro Edge Tremolo flutters more intensifying on the top mount or bottom mount type locking nut?

May I know if the contribution of highly intensified flutter on the tremolo is the excellent quality of the guitar's wood by chance if not the design of locking nut?

I notice that the RG550 Genesis flutters like an earthquake than the old pre prestige rg550 and older RG edge tremolo equipped.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The locking nut is supposed to not move. I guess the amount of flutter has more to do with string tension, so the type and amount of springs, tuning and string gauges.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For me, flutter is a measure of how well the bridge is working. Lots of flutter means that knife edges are really clean and nothing is rubbing or dragging. Little or no flutter(without some kind of trem stabilizer) tells me something is not right. As said, the nut should never move at all(which means I prefer the thru-neck bolts over the top-mount screws).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.