Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fam! How is it going? I was just wondering something, like usual :) How many years do you think the Edge Zero 2 bridge will last working like the first day? I was wondering that if it breaks in a way that you can't repair it instead of buying the same model buying the ''superior'' one. Was looking online but can't find anywhere were they sell it. On the other hand, when you want to buy any other bridge it seems easy (I won't want to route my guitar if something happened). Why is that? Doesn't Ibanez let you buy their bridges by itself? Or you have to contact a seller to buy those kind of things?馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich from ibanezrules.com may know a vendor in or around your country.
Thanks! Anyway, looking online I think I won't be able to put the edge zero since that my edge zero 2 didn麓t come with the Zero System and the block seems to be different from the other model.

Registered
Thanks! Anyway, looking online I think I won't be able to put the edge zero since that my edge zero 2 didn麓t come with the Zero System and the block seems to be different from the other model.
Edge Zero / Edge Zero II are definitely interchangeable: Tremolo Bridge "what fits where" Reference...

If you're currently content with the performance of the Edge Zero II, I really see no reason to replace it. It works just the same as the Edge Zero, but lacks the inbuilt intonation tool (the much loved original Edge, Lo-Pro Edge and Edge Pro bridges all lack this too!) and is made of a cheaper metal alloy. The knife edges will wear more quickly that those of an Edge Zero, due to being an inferior alloy, but should still last for years.

The general advice seems to be that you don't need to de-tune your strings before adjusting the bridge height (string action) on the Japanese bridges (Edge / Lo-Pro Edge / Edge Pro / Edge Zero), but should for the lower-end non-Japanese bridges (Edge III / Edge Zero II) to avoid prematurely wearing the knife edges.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edge Zero / Edge Zero II are definitely interchangeable: Tremolo Bridge "what fits where" Reference...

If you're currently content with the performance of the Edge Zero II, I really see no reason to replace it. It works just the same as the Edge Zero, but lacks the inbuilt intonation tool (the much loved original Edge, Lo-Pro Edge and Edge Pro bridges all lack this too!) and is made of a cheaper metal alloy. The knife edges will wear more quickly that those of an Edge Zero, due to being an inferior alloy, but should still last for years.

The general advice seems to be that you don't need to de-tune your strings before adjusting the bridge height (string action) on the Japanese bridges (Edge / Lo-Pro Edge / Edge Pro / Edge Zero), but should for the lower-end non-Japanese bridges (Edge III / Edge Zero II) to avoid prematurely wearing the knife edges.
Hey thanks for the reply and link the interchangeable reference!! I'm not planning at on buying the edge zero trem now, but was thinking in years ahead. Imagine in 10 years that doesn't work as well as now (which now it's juts awesome). Instead of buying the same, I would rather buy the ''better'' version at least to get benefit of the intonation tool and probably more longevity of materials.

This is when the problem comes. I have the edge zero 2 that doesn't come with the ZPS3. So the block is different. When you buy the Edge Zero, it always comes with the ZPS3 and the block is like smaller, so where to you put the tension springs?? I mean, I should have to change the block or something.

This is an example of a block from the Edge Zero: https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/OT...$/Brass-Tremolo-Block-Ibanez-Edge-Zero-_1.jpg

And this is the size of the block that I have without the ZPS3 (not this exact one, I have the default one):

They seem pretty different to me. So the question is, can you put that block into an Edge Zero trem?

-Edit:
Wait, did you say that the knifes of the edge zero will last less than the ones in the edge zero 2?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts