1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I just found this PGM on a local website for the equivalent of ~$300:

I have two questions:
-Is this a real PGM? (it seems likely that it would be a fake for such a low price)
-If it is real, which model is it, and is it worth it for the asking price?

Scott :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
pups are not original (the originals are pink), it has dot inlays instead of sharktooth, the bridge seems an fr copy and original didn't have aanj...so...FAKE!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I don't think it's worth getting one of the lower end ones. A PGM isn't only about the look, it's so important to get that special sound they provide, so you need all the correct Japanese made parts and DiMarzios

·
Registered
407 Posts
Could the bridge be an ILT1? Older PGM3's came with that trem. Looks like a PGM3 with the black hardware, a PGM30 has cosmo black hardware. Pickups are supposed to be black on the PGM3/PGM30 and both have dot inlays instead of teeth.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
stay away! butt ugly guitar!FAKE! from 1000 meters it looks okey...but it isnt a very nice guitar if you look good at it.. but if you want something just for on the wall go for it...but save money and buy the real one...thats one of the finest ibanez guitars ever.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Perhaps not a fake but just like JEM's. it's better to go for the Fujigen ones.
It's all relative. For $300, it's a good deal. Pickups can be replaced and so can all the rest of the hardware. It's not like the pickups are impossible to get or expensive. Heck, I don't even like the pickups that come in the PGM301s. I replaced all the pickups in the 2 I own. Pickups are a very personal choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts