Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys I found this guitar for sale via music go round. I'm trying to figure out if it's a 570 or 470. I don't know if they ever made a 570 with a copper penny finish.

Here is a picture of it. Also, what type of trem is that?

I think it's an edge but I'm not sure.

Don't know if this will help but here is the serial number.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks mate.

Now, that is an edge trem right? And if I'm reading the serial number right it was made in 2000?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
549 Posts
570. It's $240, right? I was looking at it too :) It's at a store an hour away from me. They actually sent you pictures though? I asked for some more and never got a reply.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Looks like a RG570GN Grey Nickel. Looks like a 2000. I own this guitar but a 2001, when I think they switched over to evil powder cosmo! If there's a bubinga stripe on the back its a sure bet. I'm not sure if the 470 had one. If it's in good shape and $240 I'd snatch it up right away.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
570. It's $240, right? I was looking at it too :) It's at a store an hour away from me. They actually sent you pictures though? I asked for some more and never got a reply.
Yep, same one. I never got an email from them but I did gave them a call so I think it help. Trying to get service from GC is a totally different story. I've both used their online and phone contacts and I never get anything back.

I'm thinking of selling my Fernandes 7string for this guitar. Good choice?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yep, same one. I never got an email from them but I did gave them a call so I think it help. Trying to get service from GC is a totally different story. I've both used their online and phone contacts and I never get anything back.

I'm thinking of selling my Fernandes 7string for this guitar. Good choice?
Yeah, this is a solid guitar, if you don't want your Fernandes sell it if you like this guitar. I hope I can get a Reply from a GC that has an ESP I'm looking at, but your right GC isn't too good with replying. I've only gotten a few replies from GC.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad part is I like the Fernandes guitar but I don't care for the Sustainer anymore. It's a cool toy but I think it sucks out a lot of tone from the guitar. Plus, I hate dealing with Batteries.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Every time I've dealt with GC on a used question or anything, smooth sailing. Maybe I've just been lucky?
I think it's been hit and miss for me. I've met some cool guys there who know their stuff but see with me and most of you I'm always looking for that cool Ibby and if find one they never know anything about them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Every time I've dealt with GC on a used question or anything, smooth sailing. Maybe I've just been lucky?
Well I guess you're lucky! I get a reply maybe 1/3 of the time. I recently asked for info on an ESP I'm looking at, and never got a reply. I'm sure if I would email my GC, they'd respond. The guys at my GC are really nice and helpful. But maybe that's cause I've bought 4 guitars and a amp head from them in the past 3 years.:p

And I saw your selling your Fernandes guitarmattms. I'm guessing you're going for the 570?

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
If I use the "ask for more info" form, I may get a reply a week later. If I email the store manager directly, I get my answers. If I call, I get answers. I've had great luck with 5 different stores lately, and will continue to do business with GC. They all know me so well, and can see the business I do at other stores--they let me haggle item prices and give me a huge shipping discount.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If I use the "ask for more info" form, I may get a reply a week later. If I email the store manager directly, I get my answers. If I call, I get answers. I've had great luck with 5 different stores lately, and will continue to do business with GC. They all know me so well, and can see the business I do at other stores--they let me haggle item prices and give me a huge shipping discount.
I once called. The seller got the info I need and called me back within the hour. Good service on that part but I did not get a good deal.

They wanted me do do a wire transfer of the money to their account and were charging me $150.00 for shipping. So at the end I would have ended up expending more for an used guitar than the price of it brand new.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I guess you're lucky! I get a reply maybe 1/3 of the time. I recently asked for info on an ESP I'm looking at, and never got a reply. I'm sure if I would email my GC, they'd respond. The guys at my GC are really nice and helpful. But maybe that's cause I've bought 4 guitars and a amp head from them in the past 3 years.:p

And I saw your selling your Fernandes guitarmattms. I'm guessing you're going for the 570?
Sorry, I haven't responded sooner.
I decided against the 570 cause I found a 91' 560 on the bay and I bought it from the guy for $300. Has the lo-pro edge instead. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
everytime i go there noone ever has any information! at least never on what i need. but im a life long gc guy anyways. hey can anyone tell me what a '00 570 would have sold for in the stores im just curious ive been trying to find out for like over a year now

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
everytime i go there noone ever has any information! at least never on what i need. but im a life long gc guy anyways. hey can anyone tell me what a '00 570 would have sold for in the stores im just curious ive been trying to find out for like over a year now
Do you mean a new one back in 2000, or a 2000 model used now? It's hard to remember back that far, but I think they were in the neighborhood of $800.00

1 - 20 of 22 Posts