Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It's a real beat-up Jem PBK but it's had some of the hardware changed to gold. The trem is an original Floyd Rose as well were as it should be an Ibanez Edge trem.

So yes, it is real but it'd only be worth considering if it was cheap.

How much are they asking ?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
That is probably the most beat up PBK i've seen. For a cheap price, I'd pick it up.
I've always liked the PBK and though it's not a 7-string, it still would make a nice evil twin for my PWH. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
937 Posts
It's certainnly real, and i'd probably snap it up if it was going for a good price.

You could restore it to it's original condition and have a nice new life partner! :p

However, some things to note:
On the headstock of the guitar, is the logo scratched/removed slightly, or are those picks in the way? I heavily doubt this but the guy may have just pieced together some JEM parts he came across - note though i heavily doubt this. Always good to check though.

Find out it's number for it for extra measure :p

I suspect it's just had a hard life on the road though, much like the EVO...

... OH GOD, CHECK FOR CRACKS!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It wouldn't be worth restoring it because it would involve a lot of work and momey and it wouldn't increase the value much because it would still be a restored guitar.

You'd be better off (providing it's cheap) just changing the trem and locking-nut back to original Ibanez parts,getting a new white single-coil cover and keeping the rest like it is.
It would make a great player and it looks cool beat-up like it is anyway.

If you didn't already know these have the old large neck-heel not the newer AANJ type too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
^^ Ya, the right side looks like it was carved out with a pocket knife. You gotta bang it pretty hard pretty regularly to get that harsh of results.

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
An original Floyd is a fine trem, and doesn't need to be replaced back to an Edge. If you can get a good buy on this guitar go for it. Keep in mind these have Wizard profile necks and not Jem profile necks, so it won't feel like an FP of the same year if you get it. It looks like an original that someone put a Floyd in, so it should be pretty nice. Don't buy it to "restore" it, though! You'd likely do far better with an RG750/770 from the late 80's and use the money you save to get better pickups. The older RG would get you neck binding, as well.

·
Registered
542 Posts
change the trem to the org-edge..put a white middle p/p cover in and get a ibanez sticker off the bay.and that would look fine.you could sell a ofr gold trem for alittle bit (depending on it's condition)so it would start to pay for it's self ...yeah.if it's cheap go for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
agree with what everyoens said Id certainly go for it I love that JEM, If the price is good enough it could make you money if you do a good job on it.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Wheres it at because if you dont want it I would like to see what its selliing for. Strictly because i want a jem and ive got the hardware already to match this one! *it would like AMAZING with powder coat hardware would it not*!!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hi there..it was on a auktion here in denmark..its gone now. i did not put any bid on this one.maybe next time ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.