Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, picked up this guitar from my local guitar shop in the UK. Having trouble identifying it though!

it is in a dark green colour with matching reverse headstock and maple neck with body coloured inlays. It has a licenced floyd rose. Sounds like a RG565 so far right?!

However it has a H - S - H pickup layout using a V2 in the bridge a s1 inbetween and a V1 in the neck using a 5 way selector.

The neck serial number is F225284 and says made in Japan underneath and there is a RG565 sticker next to that

I have got some pics too

Thanks in advance

Andy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robot Boy said:
whatever it is, its damn sexy
Thanks! I am really pleased with this guitar and I agree it looks great, it suits the music I like playing to a tee and I am a big fan of the late 80's early 90's guitars. Plus they are a relative bargain at the moment, I hope this continues till I have a good collection then the prices can go as high as they like!!

Thanks again

Andy

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
That's a RG565 neck, but no RG565 ever came with HSH. Every 565 is H-S, hence the name. The body could be from a RG570, I think those were available in the same EG finish as the RG565. Though I'm not 100% sure.

If you want, you could remove the neck and see what body it is.

Still, that's a cute guitar! Reverse headstock and maple fretboard. Way to go! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the comments guys!

I really like it and the way it sounds and looks so not too fussed if it is made up of left overs!!

Are the pickups on there any 'good' I like the way it sounds but is it worth replacing them with some dimarzios or something else? I haven't got a load of cash hence the second hand guitar but i am so pleased with it so far!

Thanks again for all your help

Andy

·
Administrator
7,498 Posts
The Euphor said:
That's a RG565 neck, but no RG565 ever came with HSH. Every 565 is H-S, hence the name. The body could be from a RG570, I think those were available in the same EG finish as the RG565. Though I'm not 100% sure.

If you want, you could remove the neck and see what body it is.
I concur, I reckon an RG565 neck with an RG 570 body.

One day I wanna bag an RG670BK body with a reverse headstock neck. There was the RG527 that had the reverse headstock in black :D METTTTTAALLLLLL sorry don't know what happened there, we now return you to your usual moderator ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jono said:
I concur, I reckon an RG565 neck with an RG 570 body.
Would this have been done at the factory do you think? not that it really matters the guitar rocks!!

And I like the sound of the black one with the reverse headstock!

Are reverse headstocks quite rare on an Ibanez - excuse my ignorence I am new to this!

Andy

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
andyd said:
Would this have been done at the factory do you think? not that it really matters the guitar rocks!!
No. If it was done at the factory it would be a new model. :)

andyd said:
Are reverse headstocks quite rare on an Ibanez - excuse my ignorence I am new to this!
I'd say yes. There were some models made with a reversed headstock, but it's not a common feature or something you can choose. Today I think the only model from Japan with a reversed headstock is the Paul Gilbert signature.

·
Administrator
7,498 Posts
The Euphor said:
No. If it was done at the factory it would be a new model. :)

I'd say yes. There were some models made with a reversed headstock, but it's not a common feature or something you can choose. Today I think the only model from Japan with a reversed headstock is the Paul Gilbert signature.
again, I concur :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.