Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help to determine the authenticity of the pickup. The original neck N2 pickup in my RG7621 has matte surface. This pickup`s coils are glossy. The baseplate looks legit. Isn`t it DIY hybrid?

·
Registered
558 Posts
somebody probably didn't like the new 7 dimarzio that came stock in it and replaced it with another dimarzio...i kept my 7620 stock (the new 7's don't sound bad, especially with marshall type sound) and both pickups are, indeed, matte...but i've replaced the bridge humbucker in one of my 7420's with a blaze pickup...haven't decided what i'll put in the other 7420, probably a duncan just for variety...d.m.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These are pickups made by DiMarzio for Ibanez guitars.
N for the neck, B for the bridge.
They are not available as an aftermarket, only for specific models of guitars they are made for based on Ibanez's specs.
So you can say they are legit DiMarzio pickups.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These are pickups made by DiMarzio for Ibanez guitars.
N for the neck, B for the bridge.
They are not available as an aftermarket, only for specific models of guitars they are made for based on Ibanez's specs.
So you can say they are legit DiMarzio pickups.
I think so!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 1996 Ibanez Universe UV7BK looks like that pickup but it has a blue sticker with a patent number on it, and has that same metal plate, but of course mine has a green bobbin. It is the original Blaze neck pickup, I've owned the guitar since it was new. I'm currently putting a newer Blaze in it and trying to rewire it back to the original wiring minus the .32 bleed capacitor and the original pots.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts