Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, this heat has been oppressive. I am in the Northeast, and this extreme heat and humidity has been really having a noticeable effect on my guitars. Played my 7vwh on Saturday at an outdoor event and it was nasty out. Now the thing is all over the place in terms of action and intonation. The tuning is really unstable right now. My tech maintains these guitars and does a great job of it especially during the summer months when we tour and do most of our fly dates, but even just sitting in my house it changes from day to day. Yikes! Stay cool out there friends!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Wow, this heat has been oppressive. I am in the Northeast, and this extreme heat and humidity has been really having a noticeable effect on my guitars. Played my 7vwh on Saturday at an outdoor event and it was nasty out. Now the thing is all over the place in terms of action and intonation. The tuning is really unstable right now. My tech maintains these guitars and does a great job of it especially during the summer months when we tour and do most of our fly dates, but even just sitting in my house it changes from day to day. Yikes! Stay cool out there friends!
The heat and humidity have been fluctuating a lot lately and it has been very noticeable on my guitars too. I like to grab the full floaters for tuning stability if I just have a short while to play, but lately have had to tweak and tune every guitar I pick up! Not just a string or two, but all strings then spring claw adjustment too... and my guitars never leave the house.

Sun, sweat, heat, humidity... I can only imagine what happens playing outside in this weather!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I am in Oregon. We are headed for triple digits in the next week. After the week of 90 plus weather we had 2 weeks ago, I gave up, closed the windows, and turned on the AC. It is 72 degrees in my house and the humidity inside remains about 40%.

During the previous hot weather, everyone of my necks moved forward. But after a week in the AC and higher humidity having the house closed up, they seem to be back to normal. Usually don’t need to humidify guitars in the Willamette Valley. My hand Made classical resides in a humicase year round though. Just to be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts