Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“I shouldn’t have left you “ - Rakim

Hey Jemsite

I haven’t posted in years. After I had a lifelock red alert, I was advised to recover all of the accounts that meant anything, and Dan was very nice in helping here.

Speaking of which I don’t see and haven’t heard from any of my old friends(Glen Cianciulli, Bob Lynch, Ken Birch, and I know Rich is always around of course : hey rich :) ) and it doesn’t look like they are around either - if anyone hears from Bob especially please let him know Captain Ron would love to chat and catch up after all these years.

anyway I posted to ask about the old vets, see if there was anyone here when this got started over 20 years ago, that still likes the same old 80s/90s shred machines - and also does Ken Birch still play and have anything up? Hey Ken, you are forever a Jemsite legend my friend and I miss seeing you at the shredfests (weren’t you there with Ron Thal that once, or was that another time?And is Ron still around ? Hey Ron it’s Captain Ron!! Lol you sir, Bumblefoot, still and forever in my heart )

finally, looks like Glen sold the place but it looks good - way different - but very up to date

as for me: my band doesn’t play anymore and weve All went our separate ways. However I now have the ‘98 7620, the ‘97 uv777p (Japanese),2013 2228 and my former band mate finally sold me his RG ART (1997 NAMM showpiece)…so i still play my Ibanez of yore

only now I switched over to the digital world of modeling and sold my Mesa recto: so I hope you all are well …hopefully I see some of the old vets who might remember a budding Jemsite lad who turned into a true Ibby man! Polaris, Given to Fly, hope you’re all well

so just checking in, and hope to see some of the old familiar faces

- Cap’n Ron

·
Vendor
26,431 Posts
Jono and a couple others many be the very last of the ancient crew still floating around here. Many new faces come and go but the old timers, well we're all just old now :ROFLMAO:

Took you long enough to make it back, I didn't even know Lifelock existed when you left!

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Hey Cap'n!!! I'm still here, simply because I've never grown out of the guitars. Hell even Vai has outgrown the JEM, but not me, I therefore don't really fit in anywhere else so I have to stick around here ;) !!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jono and a couple others many be the very last of the ancient crew still floating around here. Many new faces come and go but the old timers, well we're all just old now :ROFLMAO:

Took you long enough to make it back, I didn't even know Lifelock existed when you left!
RICHIIEEEEE!!! I knew you were around And thank god for that. Your the only one I still keep in touch with, but it’s usually me and you chatting on the phone - and no, Lifelock actually just started I think in the early 2000s but my alert just went off - apparently another social media account of mine was hacked (the website itself and they harvested names and passwords etc) and In doing so, I either was phished, cookie tracked (more than a regular cookie) , keylogger Trojan, or some malware/ransomware - and unfortunately using this little security breach, he was able to log into multiple account and just reek general havoc anywhere he could in my life - ultimately leading to some losses - so when things got too much more for me to handle or contain I upgraded my usual to ultimate plus and the $350 is worth it …in one second we found all the holes including some dark web activity , and while that can’t be removed, I could change my passwords

Craziest thing here was when I tried, this guy was so hellbent on me not getting into any old accounts I had where I suppose my legitimacy wouldn’t be contested; or rather, people would question who this guy really was if he posted as me and it didn’t quite sound right ——- so he changed the email here to some Random account and when I tried a PW Reset it said “Sorry, cannot send auto request to [email protected] as it is an invalid email - error request “ I had to ask for the forum to step in and Dan was Awesome!!

but yeah, the internet only got weirder sincewe began this little shindig lol
Hey Cap'n!!! I'm still here, simply because I've never grown out of the guitars. Hell even Vai has outgrown the JEM, but not me, I therefore don't really fit in anywhere else so I have to stick around here ;) !!!
Hey Jono!!!! Man it’s good to see you too! I’m so glad one of the old mods+great vets is still here - and I don’t fit in anywhere else man, as I used to say, it still is that way: Jemsite is Jemsite, at least that’s how it felt to me, while the shared common denominator is and always be the Jem/UV and related shred machine babies of the late 80s to the super golden 90s, arguably Ibanez and electric guitars pinnacle for shred excellence standards (especially special RG runs, PGM, J customs, and RBM and FGM, I mean we had ALL the shredders at some point) - but Jemsite was a real community, at least for me. We actually played our guitars and what not, which is why Formerly Given to Fly made a great topic related to “gear vs music” forums —- let’s stop getting NGDs in a list of endless marketing and instead let’s see and hear some NAD (new album day releases) using those NGD guitars lol

The fact that I remember my old forum buddies by their names because we actually met up, hung out, and what not does make me also feel old too dude lol but whatever, I’m just glad I’m not the only dinosaur - I mean this is the first place it all started and in the end, this is the place I came back to ; goes to show you what’s really out there online

I mean since most of us in the early Jem days were a large concentration of NY/NJ/CT guys, I think that was largely because of the shred metal guitar culture of the area, especially Long Island , but, yes besides letting go of analog, I am definitely just an old school Jemsite guy like you man

anyway glad to see you guys, really been a while

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you are an ERG fan or 8 string player, Please join my forum JUST for 8 string guitars and guitarists

www.8stringer.com

forum: www.8stringer.com/forum/

chat: Www.8stringer.com/chat/

I am brand new at this, websites and technology so forgive the primitive raw looks, but it is a sponsor free and ad/marketing free discussion for TRUE 8 String slingers

I need a little help making it look nicer so any moderator that wants to be a part of it please apply

Hope to see you around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts