Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jemsite, I have a quick, easy-to-respond-to post. I was just surfing Vai's website on the tour dates page and looked at the guitar Vai was holding. After a quick double take I realized he was holding a White Jem with the Tree of Life inlay with a maple fretboard. Am I the only one who hasn't seen this yet? If I am, what's the model. I took a screen shot on my phone, but it's not letting me upload it. Thanks for reading.

The link is: http://www.vai.com/tourdates/

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's not white. It's the really soft, powder blue one from the DiMarzio photo shoot. The picture is just washed out. It does look cool though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's not a production model, I have also seen it and it looks like the new Jem 70V but with maple fretboard and it's not green, it is kind of soft blue... you can see it here:

Who knows, maybe comes up next year..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! I found the photo shoot pictures a little while ago too. I sure hope that's production in the future, I've always liked maple necks.
And I think you're right, it does look heavily inspired by the 70v, I think they should release a few of them with maple necks just to see how they'd do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts