Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ibanez js 1000 black pearl without serial number back of the headstock,or in the plate,and without the brown line back of the neck,and in 21 fret the fret is write "js custom"....is genuine or the body is from js 1000 and the neck from js 100;;;

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
JS Custom would be a 94' or 95' JS1000, would not have a skunk stripe or a headstock serial number, but it would have the J plate serial numbered neck plate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.
the neck plate has only 00 **** which I do not think is the serial number .... do you think it can be fake the guitar ??
at 21 fret which ones wrote '' js custom '' ??

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Looks like a 1000 to me with a changed plate but I wouldn't call anything without ALOT MORE PICTURES.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm trying to find information to buy it.
does this inlay exist in js 1000 1994-1997 or does it also exist in js 100 ???
can we say for sure that it is a js 1000 ???

Attachments

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
It's a JS1000BP.
I hate having to answer the same question twice.

They dropped the J around that time, but dating is tough as it's just a guess. And you're not showing any numbers.

The first serial numbered guitar I have with a plate number is - 004270 JS1000BTB F9713823

I don't remember when the skunk stripe came back, I thought 96 and the non skunk was 2 years only.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry i confused you, i would probably be wrong, and my english is bad.
has he figured out which tremolo bridge he has?

·
Registered
437 Posts
If it helps, my JS1000WH doesnt have a serial number on the plate either.

sorry i confused you, i would probably be wrong, and my english is bad.
has he figured out which tremolo bridge he has?
that is a lo pro edge tremolo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the answers.
so where '' js custom '' is definitely 1000 model.
the serial number from the moment it is absent can be found in the neck pocket ??
Some people said it was a js 1000 body and a js 100 neck, and I had the impression that it was a fake guitar, so I asked the question.

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
The BP has a plate number, the last 4 digits have been blacked out in the picture.

If it helps, my JS1000WH doesnt have a serial number on the plate either.

That's the first JS I've seen that didn't have a numbered plate. I would believe it was swapped out with a R, P, or S plate, for whatever reason. Unless you bought it new and know it came from the factory like that.

·
Registered
437 Posts
thanks for the answers.
so where '' js custom '' is definitely 1000 model.
the serial number from the moment it is absent can be found in the neck pocket ??
Some people said it was a js 1000 body and a js 100 neck, and I had the impression that it was a fake guitar, so I asked the question.
It is a JS1000 body and a JS1000 neck.

JS1000 necks have abalone dots, the logo is gold, and they use those tuners with the 2 pegs in them, not gotohs.

The serial number is gone, theres only going to be a model stamp on the neck. That said, this isnt a prized collectors instrument with limited figures, so its really not a big deal. The reason why you're being told its "fake" is because whomever youre speaking to frankly doesnt understand the differences between a JS100 and a JS1000.

And good for you for asking, honestly. Its a fair question, and something that should be done more often.

Here's how Im determining

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
your information is very useful !!!!!
I had started to believe that the guitar is fake !!
you really helped me a lot !!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's the first JS I've seen that didn't have a numbered plate. I would believe it was swapped out with a R, P, or S plate, for whatever reason. Unless you bought it new and know it came from the factory like that.
I've never even thought about questioning it lol, doesnt even remotely bother me though. That said, doubt its from one of the R/P/S variants; all mine have bensalem or hollywood plates.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts