Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an acoustic! I want to spend 2-4 hundred (I know its not alot). Its gotta have a piezo. and its gotta have awesome playability and a cutaway is a must!!! A case would be nice too!

So far Ive seen an Ovation Applause with piezo and it has a cutaway and a case for $299.99. The only thing I dont like 100% about it is the plastic back. its kinda weird but ok I guess.
Any suggestions on what I should look at?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
you could possibly get into a yamaha apx5 for about that money.

i have an apx7a, and can vouch for it's playability.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
u might like the ibanez talman guitar like the tc10,20m,and 50. Not sure if those are the correct models but should get you to the right place. They have the thin bodies so if you are looking for a nice eletric-acoustic that is similar to a electic you might want to check them out. the 10 and 50 i believe have a piezo while the 20 has a magnetic pick up instead that I and many others think sound better then the peizo on the other two models. They are a great guitar for the price.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Guitar makers within your spec:

Walden
Applause
Yamaha
Fender
Ibanez

You'll find your guitar in there somewhere.........do the research.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
get a garrison ag-200. those smoke anything in that price range. kinda plain looking, but the features and tone rock across the board.

rich

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried a couple of Ibanez's with features like you mentioned just recently, and they were great. Seemed like they had it all for the price.

Sorry, I haven't tried Garrison.

Fenders and Yamahas are nice too. I've had them in the past, and they're still good now. Also had the Talman Intercity and didn't like the small body.

My keeper is a Charvel A/E (out of production). I think I'll have it always, but sometimes I try new A/E's in stores, to compare. Strat man Dwight

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
If you only have a little to spend, get a Seagull. I would suggest you rule them out before you even consider any of the others.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sure I like Seagull too. I'd swear I made a post here about my buddy's new Seagull after reading the above, with a link to the parent company. They come from Godin, in Canada, maker of many good brands. So, is that how this forum works? Posts disappear, is it magic, or am I just dreaming ... or wasting my time? (please don't say "read the rules") again. Hehe, have a good day!

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Strat Man Dwight said:
Sure I like Seagull too. I'd swear I made a post here about my buddy's new Seagull after reading the above, with a link to the parent company. They come from Godin, in Canada, maker of many good brands. So, is that how this forum works? Posts disappear, is it magic, or am I just dreaming ... or wasting my time? (please don't say "read the rules") again. Hehe, have a good day!
Seagull's are a great guitar for the $$$. Compares with acoustics 2-3x their price IMHO.

I don't know what you're referring to with missing posts, but I highly recommend take it to PM before you find your account suspended :) ...glen

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Of course, we all know that GAS is almost completely cured by good, hard, sustained practice, but where's the fun in that? LOL

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I played a Yamaha for abotu $450 that was quite nice actually. Made of real wood, back and sides included unlike an Ovation. I suggest you check one of them out.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I will add another vote for the Seagull. My buddy just bought one, it outclassed guitars that were 50-100% more in price.

I'll also vote that you hunt for used guitars. I'm joining the camp of people that will never buy brand new again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts