Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! After looking for a piezo equipped guitar i finally found this one...surpise-surprise! A J-C SPB2
Got it for a ridicolous price...probably the customer didn't have an idea of what he had in the hands!

Short with words...here we go with some pics i took today!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That's a beautiful J Custom. Your initial reaction to it? Playability? Sound? Build Quality? I'd be very interested to hear your opinion on it. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a beautiful J Custom. Your initial reaction to it? Playability? Sound? Build Quality? I'd be very interested to hear your opinion on it. Thanks!!!
Playability is very good even if the neck is slightly thicker than any other ibanez neck I ever tried. Feels thicker than my Ak's neck even if from the specs it should be 0.5mm slimmer, probably a matter of shape. Didn't took time to get used to, but still strange...The fretboard feels very smooth. Even if the frets are not in the best conditions (obviously second hand) I managed to have a quite low action. She has an overall "classic" feel.
The sound is very nice and versatile, I think you all know well Tone Zone-Blue Velvet-Air Norton combination, cool lead sounds and wonderful cleans. Very warm and smooth on the neck, the right amount of sharpness on the bridge but yet full-sounding. I found the overall P.U. sound to be something in between my Jem777dy and my Uv777pbk.
The piezo sound blowed me away! Fantastic through a P.A.or an acoustic amp. Very natural. If I could only find a flaw is the lack of an EQ, but you can have the sound you want with the mixer or amp eq.
Built quality is very good, couldn't find something wrong even if the fret end should be rounder on a j-custom as you can see in the pics. The woods are very good looking, the best looking neck i saw on an Ibanez, the body has a very particular finish, at a first eye not fleshy, gorgeous when hitted by light, not sure how to say it, some like a prismatic grain.

My overall sentence is a very nice sounding-playing guitar, in line with the best prestige models I played, slightly different from quite all the other Ibanez in feel.

If you have more to ask, then ask! :)

Thanks for all the other comments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In fact couldn't ask for more :)
Yesterday I played with my band all night long, and I have to say I'm quite satisfy! Confortable and goodsounding!

·
Registered
18 Posts
SPB2? That guitar is identical to mine. But mine is a S6CST in trans red What's up with that? Also a link to a 1999 catalog? If mine was made in '98, would they sell it as a '99 model?
Lot's of help around this forum. Im a noob and I appreciate everybody's efforts.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Is the serial number on your guitar a standard Fujigen serial number ie F98XXXXX or F99XXXXX for instance or is it different maybe just having say a 7 digit serial number with no letter. The serial numbers vary on the J Customs with some being the standard Fujigen ones and others being much different in format.

BTW Don't post up your guitars full serial number on here or anywhere online for safety reasons.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts