Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums, but can't find a way to look up J-Custom serial numbers. Is there a thread here that I'm missing?

I know about the guitardaterproject.org website for looking up s/n's, but when I enter the 5-digit s/n for the J-Custom in question... 15078... I get nothing.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I have J Customs here that have a 5 digit serial number stamped on the back of the headstock. They aren't you standard Fujigen numbers ie F0354321. Nothing to worry about and I'd say it's legit. If there is a Certificate of Authenticity the serial number on the headstock will match the one on the Cert.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, there's a matching cert., so I'm not too worried there. I was more hoping to determine what year the guitar was manufactured.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh, found it on Rich's site. Turns out, the guitar is far from "mint" as the seller described on the auction page. Glad I held off. Someone bought-out the auction for $2500 last night (before I found Rich's pics). I think the buyer is going to be somewhat disappointed when it arrives.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Every JC I've seen from the 2000's has a five digit serial that's stamped into the headstock. First digit is the year. That said, I should check my '06 RG8620S. I don't remember what that one is like.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 1 at the front of the serial number indicates it's a 2001 model. The certificate and guitar match. Serial number is different than the one on Rich's site. If i was buying, I'd be more concerned the pics are dated 2 years ago, the description says it was bought new a couple of years ago when this model in this colour was last made in 2002, and the seller has a feedback score of 2. But hey, let's hope it all turns out well for the buyer and the concerns are unfounded. Great guitars if you can get one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts