Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this was something they launched about a year ago – I can't remember if it was discussed here –, there was a SSS Talman and a black hardtail RG with monorail type bridge. It seems to be a less expensive MIJ range, maybe a little more $$ than a Genesis. Not reissues, but still using some old-school features like the square heel. Japan only stuff, though you can doubtless order worldwide through some dealers/shops.

Have to say, I dig the new one they just put out, very clean look and you don't often see an Ibanez without dots on the front (mostly been Iron Labels, afaik?). Just swap oem pups (Quantums here) to taste. No tick with the Ibanez logo, interestingly.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ Yes. I believe the 505 also has a Jem neck profile. This is basically a 570 with body mounted humbuckers.

One of the tastiest RGs I've seen in a while, loaded with the important stuff (Edge, maple, 5pc neck) and minimalist aesthetics.

🔥

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not really, the JEM505 would be more like an RG550, so with a pick-guard. It also had V series pickups rather than QMs and it did have inlays, albeit smaller ones, Cosmo black rather than chrome hardware oh and an AANJ.
Yeah fair point. I've just looked up the 505s again.

I've been watching out for a white 505 to make my own Sakura FP Jem. This might be an even better base.. I'll have to check one out if I ever get back to Japan.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah that is an awesome guitar.

I just spent the last 20 minutes drooling over some of the other special models they have on the website (reverse-engineered from the picture html).

The black version of this looks amazing also.

The white is so clean and sharp, easy winner, until I look at the black one again...tough. I think the white does edge it out by a little bit, but the black one is sick.

They are both dreamy.

Thanks for sharing, this model is killer. Cool to see it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts