Ibanez JEM Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
My New Guitar (Got it 31st January)

I love this guitar! The Seymour Duncan pickups sound great through my Valveking.

Planning on replacing the Jackson Licenced floyd for a OFR soon.

·
Registered
x_posts
Nice one dude. It looks great in trans black. I used to have one in trans red. I wasn't all that crazy about standard finishes and some of the graphics were lame. She was my first flamed finish. Anyways, a neck doesn't get more comfterble than that. Nice flat back with a slightly rounded counter. Anyways, i miss her a bit, but i didn't like having to balance the neck while playing. My B.C. Rich's were prone to worst neck dive, but i am more of a Strat. All my current axes, save for my Les Paul, are all strats. Anyways, here's a picture of mine. And trust me, as for the OFR thing, the original trem isn't that bad, but the OFR will work wonders and make this axe all work while. Flutter, sustain and tuning stability will increase threefold. I also took the bridge out and installed a Breed.

·
Registered
x_posts
No tone knob? Strange. But I like it (would prefer a different finish, but it's yours not mine). My bro has a kelly bass - and he had a tough time finding a stand that would hold it.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #6
Waw! Great!

She got amazing reviews when revamped to get original SD pickups.

Is the color transparent black?
Yep the colour is Transparent Black :)

Nice one dude. It looks great in trans black. I used to have one in trans red. I wasn't all that crazy about standard finishes and some of the graphics were lame. She was my first flamed finish. Anyways, a neck doesn't get more comfterble than that. Nice flat back with a slightly rounded counter. Anyways, i miss her a bit, but i didn't like having to balance the neck while playing. My B.C. Rich's were prone to worst neck dive, but i am more of a Strat. All my current axes, save for my Les Paul, are all strats. Anyways, here's a picture of mine. And trust me, as for the OFR thing, the original trem isn't that bad, but the OFR will work wonders and make this axe all work while. Flutter, sustain and tuning stability will increase threefold. I also took the bridge out and installed a Breed.

Nice Kelly! The Transparent Red looks great!

Is that the new Fender EVH amp in the picture with the Kelly? if it is, How does it play?

No tone knob? Strange. But I like it (would prefer a different finish, but it's yours not mine). My bro has a kelly bass - and he had a tough time finding a stand that would hold it.
I like that the guitar has no tone knob. I never use the tone knob anyway. I'm also having a bit of a hard time trying to find a stand that will hold it.

My suitemate has an Kelly KE3, pretty sweet guitar. I'd definitely swap the pickups if yours came with the duncan designs, though.
The pickups in the guitar are Seymour Duncans. No need to swap them out :) They sound awesome.

·
Registered
x_posts
Nice Kelly! The Transparent Red looks great!

Is that the new Fender EVH amp in the picture with the Kelly? if it is, How does it play?
yep. It the 5150 III. Great amp. solid tones. Usable crunch channel. A bit less gain than the original 5150 from Peavey, but more usable amount of gain. 3 seperate EQ's which is cool. 14 tubes!!!! Very loud amp. Also it can sound identical to Eddie. I recommend it, but it's a tad bit pricey and there are much better amps in the price ranges below the EVH III.

·
Registered
x_posts
For what it is worth I installed an OFR on my Jackson Trans Blue Dinky DK-2 Pro...huge difference!

The guitar sounds so much better even unplugged.

Beautiful guitar you have there brother:)

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry for the late reply, First time I've been on here in a long time!!

No longer have the Kelly :-( Had to sell it at the time as my car broke down and needed a new engine (which I never got as the whole car ended up ****ting itself).

I do regret selling it, it played great and sounded great! The shape was a bit weird with me at the time but I wish I kept it long enough to get used to it!!

x_y_of_z_posts