Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i fancy a METAL guitar and have seen the jackson pro series which is japanese made and seems to have some good materials and hardware.

does anyone own either of these and have an opinion?

·
Registered
321 Posts
i owned the rr3, and it wasn't bad, but the bridge is effectively pot metal. if u can find a new one, id say its a decent metal guitar

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've played both, prefer the RR3 due to it having a better neck and pretty much everything else is same quality.

the quality of the new ones with black hardware is actually really good, stay away with the ones that have silver hardware!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If you have never owned a Rhoads, you should go play one. They can get a bit tedious and aggravating when sitting. You will have to change your pick attack and palm muting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've owned both, and I dig the RR more. The Kelly feels weird sitting cause of the big upper horn, and tilts forward when hanging on a strap. People complain about sitting with a V shaped axe but I don't think It's a problem, just set your leg into the crotch of the guitar and it sits fine. Both have nose dive probs, but a good leather or cotton strap fixes that, they're just not balanced like a strat.
All in all there both cool, I'd try and find a couple to try out first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts