Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jaden Rose * The Guitar Workshop * OFFICIAL THREAD

Hi Jemsite folk,

you all know ive been hanging around this forum for some time offering up pictures of my work here and there.
well its time to offer my services proessionally.

Im really pleased to offer custom services for bodies, necks, inlays etc in 6 and 7 string formats, I can only offer oil finishing at the moment but paint and clear is coming soon, I will update the thread when new services come along. There is not a great deal of info on the site at the moment but I have many projects underway that are yet to see the light of day, really intensive inlay work which im hoping will be popular.

Please pop by the site and see whats up there already, I hope to add a lot more pics once im putting more hours into the business and I hope that a lot of those pics will be your projects.

Ive been here long enough to know that jemsite is a discerning crowd and because you guys know what you want,the quality of the work expected is high. This is great for me, knowledgeable customers is what I need and feedback as well as constructive critisism of my work is always welcome.

im not going to make any rash timing or price promises that would eventually get me into trouble, like I say, ive been here long enough to see what happens when people say those things. I usually get a good turnaround time and the most important thing for me is the quality, I would rather take a little more time and get it right than rush anything.

As for the usual questions that are asked when a luthier appears as a vendor, ive tried to answer some of those below, any others I will answer as they come.

1. yes, I use a CNC for lots of processes.
2. I am soon to be part time in my day job and be able to put more time into the business, its not a spare time occupation anymore and I do rely on it for a large part of my income.

I look forward to hearing from you and all the best.

Jaden

http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com
or click the banner

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Great! A custom guitar maker in Europe!

Good bye awful import VAT!

Good luck!
+100 Amen to that.

Nice one Jaden as as i have one of the first batch of bodies a lovely Mahogany jem, I can say that they're Premo Quality, keep it up mate, i will be back for a few soon and i better have a neck so i can play the things too.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Nice to have an european option in stead of the US version.

Good luck Jaden! I hope all goes well and wish you all the best.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Jaden, wish you all the best with your huge investment & undertaking, the quality is there & I hope it a massive success.
Get some pics up of all the cool stuff you make :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Jaden, all the very best. When I'm next up in Cambridge visiting my mother in law (!) I may have to come and discuss a little project I have in mind.
Jim

(btw do (or will) you do refrets and refinishes as well as custom builds?)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Jaden! Good luck with your work. I hope you can help with a project in the future. Also, feel free to post some pics of your work here. :)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for your best wishes all, im looking forward to some of you guys posting pics of what youve done with my stuff also!
I will do refrets Vim and youre very welcome to pop by the workshop when youre in Cambridge for a cuppa and a chat, PM me for my phone # when youre coming up this way.

Jaden

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
hello.... my name. Is Michael Cane. And I. Am... a nosy neighbor.

Just been checking on your site mate, on a saturday night too after 9, boy my life sucks, anyway just love the laminated body.

Quality, ive gotta get away from the keyboard, im gonna hit the switch on the plug, i need...... beer.

HAGO

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Sam, yes mate the 7's are all done but ive not actually cut one yet, I just havent had the time with orders taking priority over development.
I'll make a 7 body and put it up here this week, I think there is enough interest ;)

1 - 20 of 276 Posts