Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**** Taxes!

I don't wanna pay tax for Japanese gov't -- I already pay way too much tax here.

But when I buy a guitar from japan, I have to pay Japanese tax. How can I get this back? There really should be a way.

Thanks,

Kemono

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Dude your buying something from Japan what did you expect plus it's only like 6%......not to bad if you compare to the UK 17% VAT!

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Scott 74 said:
Dude your buying something from Japan what did you expect plus it's only like 6%......not to bad if you compare to the UK 17% VAT!
Bahhh 17 %, try 25 % in Denmark :).

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Which shop are you buying a guitar from? The Japanese sales tax only applies to domestic sales and not exports. I'd check with the shop you're buying your guitar from because you shouldn't be charged taxes on an export.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought that tax only applies if you buy it in the country. Whenever I buy stuff internationally I don't get charged tax. Shipping and duty fee's are a b*tch though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's Ikebe. They are charging me tax on the guitar, if I buy it. Communcation is troubled :/

There should be a web page about Japanese tax (in Japanese) that I ask them to visit that explains how to sell to foreigners and not charge tax, et c. Problem is that I can't really search and find it 'cause I don't speak Japanese well enough. Anyone here have a clue?

Japanese tax percent is not huge, but we're talking about a guitar, so tax amount is over $100. If someone here can save me from paying that, well, I'd be really grateful to that person.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
'Kemono'?
Where are you?

I thought Ikebe-Gakki didn't sell internationally.
It's great news if they do because they seem to have the best selection of Ibanez guitars i've seen, especially J-Customs and exclusive special models.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got some links.

Licensed tax accountant office
http://www.kikuchikaikei.com

direct link to duty-free info
http://www2.ttcn.ne.jp/~mkikuchi/yusyutumennzei.htm

When I got the total from my previous purchase at Ishibashi, it had a total but did not have a breakdown (like a normal invoice would), but I'm pretty sure they did not charge tax. I did ask my contact at Ishibashi, but got the usual I-misinterpreted-your-email irrelevant response.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts