Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Both guitars were both available in SLK (which is the most likely finish to find the 1702 in, even though there was another finish color offered). The difference between the two guitars is that the 1702 has no neck binding and a natural bound body, the 1802 has neck and headstock binding and full ivoroid body binding with some sort of striped purfling material (like what you would see on an acoustic).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, in all but one important difference, the neck on the RG1702 is an Ultra (like the 2020/2120X, RGT, or RG-PR series). Another less significant attribute is that the 1702 has the strap locks inset into the body, it is a very cool and unique feature but unlike the 3120, which can use strap locks or a regular strap, the older inset strap locks will only allow a strap to be connected if it is using the locks that go with the same type of locks installed in the body. (hope that makes sense)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the replies, Soloist! Tons of insight and it seems like this guitar may be right up my alley. To my recollection, I enjoyed a RGT3020's neck more compared to the Rg Prestige wizard. I might have to pick one up. Thanks again, man!

Daniel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.