Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm haveing trouble levelling my edge pro 2 on my 555. I don't think there is enough space in the back cavity as I cant pull the guitar trem level, it just hits the back.

I'll leave a link to some photos. Hopefully someone can figure out this issue and as i'm starting to think I have a fake jem.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
What gauge of strings and tuning are you using? Do you have the neck shimmed at all? How long have you had this instrument. At a quick glance it looks like a real 555 to me. From the looks of it you have 4 springs installed, whats the reason behind this? The typical number is 3. If you are in standard tuning and you have 9 gauge strings you can start by tightening the spring claw screws in the back of the guitar. But honestly you should probably go through rich'es full setup guide anyways. http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

·
Registered
128 Posts
Obviously when you're pulling the trem up sustain block rests against the cavity wood that does not let the trem go further. Maybe you have your trem knives totally worn out? Are the trem posts okay ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts