Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my problem,

First when i turn up the volume on my guitar it jumps from 0-5, there is no gradual increase, there seems to be little increase in volume after 5 to. This was a problem from when i first bought the guitar.
Someone told me it was the volume pot, does anyone know if its a 250k or a 500k.

Second, it says it came with Dimarzio Evolution pickups, how come they dont sound like them. Are they a cheaper make of them? like squire is to fender usa

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
It sounds like the pot - and no - there isnt a cheap version of an EVO. They are the exact pups that are in the big brother 7VWH. Some folks just plain don't like EVOs.
Yeap I've known many which doesn't really like evo, the evos...they are plain dirty and will punish you if your playing is sloppy

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Here's one fella who doesn't like Evos. No, my playing isn't too sloppy :D, I just don't like 'em :). When I tried out the 555, I wasn't expecting something amazing, but to hear what Evos sound like. I tried to like 'em, played some shred, jazz, blues, country and some hi-gain metal, but left me a bit cold. Anyway, you should go to a guitar tech and let him work his magic on whatever is causing the problem.

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Kamikaze_1 said:
Here's one fella who doesn't like Evos. No, my playing isn't too sloppy :D, I just don't like 'em :). When I tried out the 555, I wasn't expecting something amazing, but to hear what Evos sound like. I tried to like 'em, played some shred, jazz, blues, country and some hi-gain metal, but left me a bit cold. Anyway, you should go to a guitar tech and let him work his magic on whatever is causing the problem.
Hehehe I was going to say you're one of them :wink:

·
Registered
151 Posts
sounds like you've got an audio taper pot in your 555, An audio taper pot sort of has all it's range in the 0-5 area and 5-10 doesn't change very much.
What you could try is change the pot for a Liner Taper pot which affects the volume in a more direct way, 1-10% 2-20% etc etc etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.