Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Can i ask a question? A friend recently gave me a korean made jem 555. Can you help me on how to improve the tuning stability of the guitar? Or can you help me what can i buy to replace the LO-TRS trem that is currently on the guitar right now to improve the tuning stability of the guitar?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
the lo trs trem should directly swap out with an original floyd rose or schaller. There is a thread on here about what trems will swap directly with one another so check that out to verify, but i am almost certain the OFR is a direct swap.

in the mean time, you can double check that the guitar is set up properly in particular whether or not your knife edges are at an exact perpendicular angle to your trem posts. for an in depth setup guide check out "IBANEZ RULES!!" - Ibanez Guitars - New and Used .

·
Registered
54 Posts
After a while I had the same problem with my Jem 555 fitted with an Edge 3. I took the trem out and filed the knife edge sharp again as they were pretty chewed up ( there's instruction somewhere on Jemsite on how to do it ), this fixed tuning stability well for a year or 2 so may work on the TRS. In the end I fitted a Gotoh trem which required a little routing with a deremel for the edge 3 cavity on one side, I then used "melamine fix" I was using on kitchen Renos at the time as paint, it matched the stock gloss white paint extremely well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts