Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using a schecter c1 which Is a decent guitar, but i need a guitar with trem and faster neck:( I was thinking about the 7vwh but i decided its out of my price range for now... for a while.... So in the meantime i think i will buy a JEM 555 (everyone sighs) Will i notice a better sound using this guitar? The schecter has duncan designed pick ups but the EVO's are sounding real good. I play mostly Vai, malmsteen etc, i know compared to a 7vwh this guitar is basically crap but will it be much of an upgrade? Also i live in UK so prices here are stupid, i mean the local guitar shop has a JEM 555 for about £950!!! But no way am i going to pay that much as im guessing i will be able to get hold of a good condition used 555 for around $500 from the US. If anyone has a JEM 555 they would be willing to sell in the not to distant future i'd appreciate reply's or any interest. Thanks Guys :D
KeV

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Dude, if you must get a 555, make sure you get one with the upgraded bridge. £950 is WAY too much, you can pick a new one for £700-£750. Or you can look on evilbay and pick a used one up for about £400 to £500.
Personnally, I'd get a RG5xx and put some evos in it. Or if you like maple fretboards, a RG1550 is sweet, just change the pups. I had one with a Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck, and wish I hadn't sold it :(

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
And if you're importing from the USA, dont forget the $150 to $200 shipping and then the 22% import tax you'll have to pay bro ;)

Not on msn hotmail dude, but feel free PM me anytime.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The new Jem555 is a decent little guitar, but an utter waste of money. You're basically paying prestige prices for an un-prestige guitar. You'd be better off getting a Prestige RG and just putting in EVO's if that's the sound that you want. Then you'd probably end up spending about the same amount and have an even better guitar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
word of advice, Don't even waste your time with the Jem 555. Unless it has the upgraded Edge or Lo Pro Edge Trem. DO NOT get one with the ****TY
LO TRS Tremlo. A Jem 555 is NOT an upgrade from a Schecter C1.
Get ANY other Jem and you'll be good, but NOT a 555.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts