Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I'm pretty sure the title says it all, but I thought I'd ask you all your opinions. So give me your honest opinions on the guitar, especially if you own or have owned one. Would you say it's good for a first Jem? I love the look as I love surf green, I have played one and I thought it was amazing (I've also played many 7VWH models, and quite a few Jem 555 models, which I thought both were also amazing)
But the real question is how reliable are they as a main axe, can they hold there own at gigs and withstand alot of abuse?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Of course, people worry far to much about "reliability" of guitars, I'v toured the UK several times with an RG that cost me about £300 brand new, never changed a thing and I still use it everyday now.

Jems imo are just about looks they feel and play the same as there RG counterpart, for example a 555 will be similar to an RG3xx and such, the 70v will feel and play like a premium model and so on.

The only thing to think about really is do you want to be seen playing live using a "signature" guitar?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

postofficebuddy, I do own an RG350MYE and I love it too and I know the premium range will be much better. And signature guitars aren't a problem, I own 5 signature guitars and used my JS100 as my main live guitar for a long time. But over the years, it's started having a few problems with the locking nuts and the bridge itself after the constant abuse. It's fixable but doesn't really last too long.

PBGas, That's a pretty straight forward answer. Lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.