Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought of asking u guys if those guitars are somehow identically sounding?
and do u think the wood quality in a dbk would be the same as in a 77b?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The specs of the guitars are almost identical;they have the same woods,same pickups but the guitars have different finishes and the mirror top may change the sound a bit .A 7dbk with a lo-pro may also sound different than a 7dbk with a edge pro.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'd just as soon buy another DBK and glue some tinfoil to the top of it... why'd they have to jack up the effing prices on everything? Argh!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Knightmeir said:
I'd just as soon buy another DBK and glue some tinfoil to the top of it... why'd they have to jack up the effing prices on everything? Argh!!
hehehe nice one! the only difference is the neck width, which i beleive is an advantage to the dbk!
now i dunno if the dbk has a less quality wood.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey, I'm not knocking on the BRMR... Just saying that for pretty much the same setup, they shouldn't have jacked up the costs. I was BENT on getting a DNA, but at the time owned a DBK and couldn't justify spending so much on something so similar.

I don't think the DBK is lesser quality... just a beast of it's own. I loved it, but didn't care so much for the Breeds. I didn't want to experiment with changing out pickups either... I love evos but don't know how they'd fair in a dbk, so I decided to trade it.

Personally, I'd much rather get an older model (or reissue FP). It should say something that they're still being used to record.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Knightmeir said:
To me the DBK and BRMR are technically very similar and I can't logically explain the price difference either !!

For what it's worth, I love my DBK :)

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Knightmeir said:
Because they can ;).

Regards

André

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
markg5150 said:
To me the DBK and BRMR are technically very similar and I can't logically explain the price difference either !!

For what it's worth, I love my DBK :)
They have to pay for years and years of R&D of a (kinda) chrome finish... :lol:

:roll:

·
Registered
332 Posts
The DBk is the same as the 77BRMR except the finish and the neck radius which the DBK have the advantage.

There is no less or higher quality jems...a jem is a JEM and they r all special.
Except the 555 series. Now that is low quality wood....
Hey cousin did you got it out of your system? Jesus!! You got your answer alright....

I love my DBk

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Ralph khoury said:
hehehe nice one! the only difference is the neck width, which i beleive is an advantage to the dbk!
Rab said:
The DBk is the same as the 77BRMR except the finish and the neck radius which the DBK have the advantage.
Anyone care to explain "advantage" or are you guys of course meaning "difference" or even talking about your own personal "preference"

LOL

·
Registered
332 Posts
jono said:
Anyone care to explain "advantage" or are you guys of course meaning "difference" or even talking about your own personal "preference"

LOL
Well everybody that played a DBK will tell you that it got a dream neck and thats is 150% true. So its not realy a personal preference....

The neck profile is a bit thinner (front to back) than the traditional JEM neck as requested by Steve Vai. It is described as unique to the JEM but "kind of a Wizard neck at the nut but not at the 12th fret".

DBK rule!

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Rab said:
Well everybody that played a DBK will tell you that it got a dream neck and thats is 150% true. So its not realy a personal preference....
LOL - I PREFER the thicker necks on the other Jems... ooh look, personal preference :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.