Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jem 77P BFP

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  OCDemon 
#1 ·
Hello all. Just received my Jem 77P BFP from an online music store and just had a couple questions.

I returned the last one they sent because the box was resealed, it was missing the manual, and had some flaws under the pickguard. I asked if they could replace it with one in an unopened box and they agreed.

The replacement was also resealed with no manual but is in better condition. Looks like a couple yellow highlighter marks on the fretboard (factory?) Which I guess might wash off? And a small chip under the pickguard.

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone knows where the highlighter marks came from and if they should come off.

Also, does anyone know if they still come in those nice, fitted, gig bags cause these came in a generic Ibanez bag.

I'm just debating sending it back again and was looking for some feedback.

Thanks!

#2 ·
They all come in junk bags now.

You're trying to buy a model plagued with cosmetic issues obviously from somebody that doesn't care to reject all the problems. So if you continue expect to have to go thru a couple more to get one that would pass.

#3 ·
To follow up what Rich said, you need to go the OPPOSITE way to what you’re trying at the moment.

Instead of going for an unopened box, go for a box that is opened and where the guitar is inspected.

Rich has a vested interest here because he’s a vendor, so he might not speak up as loud as he should. However, he is a vendor that I will wholeheartedly endorse. Rich fully inspects and, if you want, performs a set up on all the guitars he sells. That means you get a guitar that has been picked for you by someone who cares about the details as much as you yourself do.

I live 3000 miles away from him, but the last Ibanez I bought that I’m keeping, I bought from Rich. I’ve picked up a couple of others locally for cheap, but frankly neither measures up to what I would have got from Rich :(

#4 · (Edited)
They key sentence in what Rich wrote is that you are dealing with a vendor that won't reject flawed guitars. Rich on the other hand will which means anything he has is quality i would strongly suggest you consider buying from him just on his quality standards alone and if you were to choose him setting up your guitar that's a whole new level of amazing, but Rich will only stock the finest guitars and when he has guitars that have flaws (used or second stock) he is very detailed and upfront about the most minute imperfections. Ibanezrules.com I have bought probably about 10 guitars from him if not more, I lost count. His setups are of the highest caliber and I always chose to pay for the highest level of setup up but he does offer different price point or you can take the guitar as is.

#5 ·
I didn't want to turn it into a sales pitch, but it's a problematic guitar. Anything from Indo off the Premium line is. I have a BFP in my pickup slated for next week but it'll most likely fail. All I have in inventory are 3 second stock, which most of the firsts are anyway.

#6 ·
Thank you all for the help! I made the mistake of playing it a little too much last night and getting attached. I think I'm going to keep it. The company said they might give me a discount after I send them pictures.

Rich, I love your site. I came across it back when I got my Jem Jr. Very informative.

This particular company works best for me right now since they offer no credit check payment plans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.