Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JEM 7PBK value????

Hi,

I have a 7pbk that I bought new in about 89.

I'm looking to move her on as I don't play anymore.

She's ion decent nick for a 25 year old guitar. There are a few bumps and bruises, but it gives her character :)

I'm looking for a realistic valuation for her. Some of the ads I've found from outside of the UK seem to have high values. Any views or sources would be appreciated.

Cheers,

M.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi peelm, welcome to Jemsite!

It's a bit tricky since prices vary depending on which continent you're in. Prices are, generally speaking, a bit higher in the UK as well as Europe and Australia. One of the guys here was selling one a couple of years back (2012) with the infamous pink lined case for $1700 USD. I don't know if it sold though it was in good condition. It's certainly a lesser spotted model that has the marmite effect on people but there are plenty of folk who will not part with their PBKs for love nor money. I think for the right price, both for you and the buyer, you should be able to find a good home for it in the UK with a little patience.

Cheers for now!

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Serious collectors aren't after 'character' they're after 'mint' so that's where the real money is.

Knocks to the headstock and logo in particular also hurt the value along with chips that are visible front the front.

As for the actual value of a PBK in the UK, to be honest it's years since I've seen one so I'd expect you could go quite high, apparently there are some low-ballets out there, here in the UK so don't take less than you're happy to receive and expect anyone who's after a bargain to take some 'glamour shots' and flip it straight away ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. She certainly isn't mint. We gigged hard back in the day when I was young and stupid. She still sounds amazing and plays like a dream. But as you say, the collectors want mint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, thanks to GoodVaibes sharp eye, I now see my beloved Jem has the hairline crack issue at the nut. I hadn't even noticed this. I'm gutted.

If you look very carefully, you can see the problem on this pic.

theloudhouse.co.uk/ upload/ geetar/ photos /content /_DSC0111_large.html (remove spaces)

So, do I take her to a good luthier and pay for her cosmetic surgery to fix the problem, or will someone take her on with her imperfection?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts