Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know i've seen this posted before here, but I can not find where exactly. So my problem is when i depress the bridge and then release, it will return slightly lower than zero-point. And when I bend up on the bridge it will return slightly above zero-point... this pisses me off soo much... I heard something about using Chapstick to a certain part of the bridge. I am looking for help explaining where this part is, and how to get there. And alos what kind of chapstick and is there any other way of preventing this problem as it seems to be a large problem for some. Thank you and if you must move this thread then fine, sry about not finding it already posted.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The answer to where the Chapstick is applied is one of the tags. The idea is to lubricate the contact point between the knife edges and the trem posts. To apply, you could remove the bridge and put it on the knife edges. I've also read that you can turn the trem post 180 deg, apply to the now open side of the trem post, then rotate it back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is a common problem that affects Jems of all models/bridges/years. 2011 models are no diff than any others in this regard, it happened to my 2011 7VWH and my 2011 77FP2 when I got them, as well as many of my older Jems. The chap stick method outlined above is the solution, as well as locking studs, a correct setup, etc. Good luck, and PM me if you need help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Make sure the bridge is angled right it wont sit the same as a bridge with a perfectly flat baseplate. I need to do the chapstick to my 550 as i get it not returning right...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The answer to where the Chapstick is applied is one of the tags. The idea is to lubricate the contact point between the knife edges and the trem posts. To apply, you could remove the bridge and put it on the knife edges. I've also read that you can turn the trem post 180 deg, apply to the now open side of the trem post, then rotate it back.
+1. I had the exact same problem with a different trem, and all it needed was some lubrication on the posts and knife edges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts