Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,,,..I just bought a Jem 7v SBL but was missing the locking nuts and the tremolo bar. I wasn’t able to find a match for the “vintage silver” hardware and ended up buying black hardware instead. I am trying to figure out if the trem bar and locking nuts for this model were actually vintage silver, it is hard to tell based on the pictures I saw online. Is this something that has to be special ordered somewhere? Thanks
Musical instrument Guitar Blue Plant Guitar accessory

Tire Automotive tire Musical instrument Wood Tread

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
😮 wow that thing is sweet! I really love the blue. It's a shame they discontinued the hardware finish. That looks fantastic... Reminds me of a brushed steel look. Very rustic... It's a finish you would expect on a viking battle axe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That hardware was only used on the SBL and discontinued long ago. I have one trem set left, a couple sets of tuners, pins and knobs.

The bars are black.
Thanks for the info Rich, are the micro tuners also black? (The ones I got are black but want to make sure these microtuners are the original ones)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
😮 wow that thing is sweet! I really love the blue. It's a shame they discontinued the hardware finish. That looks fantastic... Reminds me of a brushed steel look. Very rustic... It's a finish you would expect on a wiking battle axe.
The vintage silver is amazing! Not sure why they discontinued this color…….

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just me, or I really dislike when the single coil covers yellow! They’ve earned their age but I dunno…
I’m not sure if I would replace the cover or the pickup, I would like to have it like new and all the pickups white since it looks better but on the other hand as you mentioned that single coil earned their age and it is a 20 year old guitar……..

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
This photo was taken moments after I received and changed the factory strings on my then brand new 2002 VSBL. It was a $999.00 Musicians Friend Closeout model. The string pads are black. I ended up selling it here in 2008 and used some of the cash on a 175th Anniversary 2008 Martin HD-28 acoustic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts