Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jem and Universe re-issues, what would you like Ibanez to do?

Just throwing this out there, given all the speculation about what Ibanez are up to regarding a 2020 Jem refresh...

If Ibanez asked you what Jem or Universe re-issue you wanted them to release (or you think they should release) in the future, what would it be?

For anyone who reads my posts it's pretty much a given that I would want a JEM77GMC and UV77MC, as close to original spec as possible.

But I wouldn't mind a re-issued 7PBK or 7RB, as long as they had the original super-thin wizard necks.

I'd be interested to hear what retired models people get sentimental about.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think they should do a throw-back but a new version. Made in Japan so double down on the Japanese theme.

I'd like a new FP but with a new floral design. Use traditional Japanese paper cherry blossom design like these.

Possibly roasted maple neck with white vine? Or better still disappearing cherry blossom inlay.

Otherwise my next project is to buy an old 505 and make my own.

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
I'd like to see the 3 originals brought back permanently. I'd also like to see the 77FP brought back permanently. And I want those damned kids off my lawn!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For me it'd be the JEM7PBK with the straight monkey grip, pearloid disappearing pyramids and black and white colour scheme.
I'm still kicking myself for not buying the JEM7PBK when I had the chance in '92. At the time the straight monkey grip didn't seem right me, but not long after I grew to really like the different shape. Hopefully one will come up for sale in the future and I'll jump on it.

Good choice Sir!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
"Everything at a proper time" is an adage, that has so much truth, so what is the sense of reissues ?
Cheers Wolfgang

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm still kicking myself for not buying the JEM7PBK when I had the chance in '92. At the time the straight monkey grip didn't seem right me, but not long after I grew to really like the different shape. Hopefully one will come up for sale in the future and I'll jump on it.

Good choice Sir!
That would be my choice too. Love the 7BBK. I'd be happy with the Root beer Jem too. I had a chance at one in the late 90's-early'00s for $900 AUD. Went back to the shop the next day and it was gone...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.