Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone remember seeing a FLORAL pattern guitar case in pictures with Steve Vai, or does anyone own one?

UPDATE- i have confirmed with Steve Via's people (who confirmed with the Ibanez Custom shop and others) that this is the only cloth floral print case ever made, and that it did belong to Steve at one time.

Update 2- Steve's people want to buy the guitar (he doesnt have one of this pattern) and case back for a book they are writing. If we cant agree on terms, this will be for sale on the open market.

The guitar is UNPLAYED and still has the plastic on the pickguard. The pink pickups are un faded.

Attachments

·
Vendor
26,766 Posts
The guitar is a 2003 15th Anniversary FP. The case doesn't make sense for a 15th which would have been a UV1000 for 13 years by then. I asked Michal more questions after you posted this shot as the cases behind it are just as interesting, you have what appear to be JEM1000 cases with combo locks on the left end and an end latch in the middle, unlike any production case, but there are 3 of them there. Are there combo locks on the right side also and are they pink lined cases?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guitar is a 2003 15th Anniversary FP. The case doesn't make sense for a 15th which would have been a UV1000 for 13 years by then. I asked Michal more questions after you posted this shot as the cases behind it are just as interesting, you have what appear to be JEM1000 cases with combo locks on the left end and an end latch in the middle, unlike any production case, but there are 3 of them there. Are there combo locks on the right side also and are they pink lined cases?
No- none of those are JEM cases to my knowledge. they are PRS cases that came with the PRS guitars that are in them for the most part. if you look close, the tape identifies what they are. Brian Moore's on the left, PRS directly behind. You might get a glimpse of an American Showster and a Schon as well.

·
Vendor
26,766 Posts
He did, some story. But I explained his best way around it.

I never noticed there was a zoom feature on the pictures. I've never seen a PRS case, now I know they used the same combo locks ads a JEM case just put them on the left!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am certainly glad its going home. Who knows how or when it got away, but it has found its way home. Thank you for your info- contact me if you are interested in any of the other guitars.

·
Vendor
26,766 Posts
The guitars out of this estate? I'm an Ibanez guy only. My regrets are selling over 70 DNA's, I wish i had kept about 10 more, and selling Pia from the Grammy's. I've had a bunch of Steve's but that's the only one I regret selling. Still have the maple VWH proto though, omc proto, gmc proto, pmc proto, DNA #2 that was supposed to be in the hoshino collection, the UVRE steve was supposed to get but bensalem screwed it up and it went to one of my orders, there's a long list LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guitars out of this estate? I'm an Ibanez guy only. My regrets are selling over 70 DNA's, I wish i had kept about 10 more, and selling Pia from the Grammy's. I've had a bunch of Steve's but that's the only one I regret selling. Still have the maple VWH proto though, omc proto, gmc proto, pmc proto, DNA #2 that was supposed to be in the hoshino collection, the UVRE steve was supposed to get but bensalem screwed it up and it went to one of my orders, there's a long list LOL
Wow- thats a lot of great guitars. I love the stories guitars tell. I had one of scotty moore's guitars (1952 Gibson E-295) which then supposedly belonged to Ray Benson. It wasnt my freinds, he was doing work on it, but it was cool to have a guitar that was on TV with Elvis in my care till the owner picked it up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does anyone remember seeing a FLORAL pattern guitar case in pictures with Steve Vai, or does anyone own one?

UPDATE- i have confirmed with Steve Via's people (who confirmed with the Ibanez Custom shop and others) that this is the only cloth floral print case ever made, and that it did belong to Steve at one time.

Update 2- Steve's people want to buy the guitar (he doesnt have one of this pattern) and case back for a book they are writing. If we cant agree on terms, this will be for sale on the open market.

The guitar is UNPLAYED and still has the plastic on the pickguard. The pink pickups are un faded.
Hey, cool stuff. Is there a chance you could show both sides of case before it's gone?
Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.