Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i was thinking about getting this FP i saw a while ago, but since im low on cash i would have to trade in my RG770, the problem i have with the fp is the....girly paint job other than that i love it. It sounds awesome and plays great. Would should I do?.

·
Registered
881 Posts
i agree. you can find another jem or high end rg with the same playability. don't settle for girly fabric :) if you're paying a decent amount of cash for a guitar, make sure you'll have no regrets down the road

·
Registered
307 Posts
One thing I can say is that when Im playing I really dont notice the visuals of the guitar itself, Im only hearing the instrument. A guitar that is visually appealing to me makes me want to play it when its sitting on a stand, but once I pick it up, I forget what it looks like. Just a thought.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright i really hope i can get the guitar tomorrow because if im not happy with it could trade for a 7VWH and i love the VWH but if i can get the FP ill be just as happy.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I like to think about it this way. Girly paint job and vine makes the guitar undeniably feminine. Therefore, its more masculine of me to want to play a feminine guitar than a masculine guitar.

See it goes like this. Jems=feminine
BC Rich, Gibson=masculine

So being a heterosexual male, its more normal for me to be attracted to feminine guitars, such as the Jem. the fact that it plays and sounds better than any other guitar really doesn't come into this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.